main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Han cheat Lando?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darkcide, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    In ESB,Han says to Lando "You lost her to me fair and square" when speaking about the Falcon,but a few minutes prior he says to Chewie "Well that was a long time ago,I'm sure he's forgotten about that." Do you think Lando was just upset about losing the ship to Han,even it was a fair game? Or did Han really win "fair and square"?

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Don't quote me on this, but here's what I remember:

Lando and Han were playing Sabaac (card game), and they decided to bet a ship. Lando offered any one he had to Han, thinking he'd lose. But Han won, and got the Falcon. Lando was mad because (IIRC) the Falcon was the one he wanted Han to choose the least, even though it wasn't necessarily his best ship.

3. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Yeah, he expected Han to shoose a flashy, high tech ship, and not the old, beat up project he was working on.

4. hawkbatty

hawkbatty Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2003
    I kind of thing Lando deserved it. The Falcon wouldn't have been on his lot if he hadn't wanted to arrive in style and all at the Sabacc Tournament. So he leaves it on his lot, comes in on some high-falutin' luxury vessel, and winds up losing the Falcon. Oh well. Even if it was on a technicality, Han won the ship fair and square. Course, not saying it hurts any less, but maybe Lando will learn from his, lol.

5. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    In the film, Lando was upset at losing the ship.

In the EU, he's upset because of the whole Battle For Ylesia incident depicted in REBEL DAWN, in which Lando and many other smugglers thought Han had set them up for a doublecross by his ex-girlfriend Bria Tharen. Later on Nar Shadda, Lando landed a good one on Han's jaw and knocked him across the hall, then grabbed him by the collar and said he would have killed him had they not been friends, and that he never wanted to see him again.

6. Joey-WanKenobi

Joey-WanKenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jan 7, 2002
    Jedi_master_ousley has the best sig ever! Hands down!!!

:D

7. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Lando and Han were playing Sabaac (card game), and they decided to bet a ship. Lando offered any one he had to Han, thinking he'd lose. But Han won, and got the Falcon. Lando was mad because (IIRC) the Falcon was the one he wanted Han to choose the least, even though it wasn't necessarily his best ship.

Actually, the Falcon was Lando's personal ship - not truly part of his used spaceship selection. But since the ship was on Lando's lot, Han got it by a technicality.

It's like if a car dealer were to offer to give you any car on his grounds, and you chose the dealer's car. Obviously, he wouldn't be too happy with you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.