main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Han use the force?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Alomanuma_Topha, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkRaider

DarkRaider Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2004
    The idea of Han using the force is a wild stretch of the imagination. Han has great skills through heredity , experience and hard work. He doesn't need the force to pilot the Falcon. Han doesn't even believe in it.

2. JayistheManNB

JayistheManNB Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    I just wanted to add some fuel to the fire....
    Everyone is talking about how he dodged Greedo's shot and how he killed Boba Fett. Well he did also shoot the Sarlyk, or however it's spelled. The thing that they almost gets tossed into....anyways he shoots an arm thing that looks no more than 6 inches wide while pretty much being blind. Force worthy???
    Also as far as Han "using" the force. In ANH, Luke and Ben talk about the force. Luke asks if the force controls your actions or whatver, Ben says partially, but you can also use it...something to that affect. So in theory, it could be that Han didn't use the force, rather that the force just moved him, or it made him move. He didn't know that it was the Force, he chalked it up to luck....

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Everyone is talking about how he dodged Greedo's shot and how he killed Boba Fett. Well he did also shoot the Sarlyk, or however it's spelled. The thing that they almost gets tossed into....anyways he shoots an arm thing that looks no more than 6 inches wide while pretty much being blind. Force worthy???

Nope, if you remember back to the movie, Lando guides Han to the position where he is supposed to fire. He didn't do it on his own.

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Also Han said that he could see a bit better. He might not have had his entire eyesight back, but if he could distinguish shapes, I don't see why he could not see a "big white blur" wrapped around another "big white blur"'s leg. ;)

Plus Lando guided Han's blaster to a certain extent.

5. MrHat

MrHat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2004
    Alohmanuma> I think you have to believe in the force to use it, otherwise people would be using the force to get the paper in the morning.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Not only that, but you need to have a certain level of midi-chlorians in your bloodstream.

7. MrHat

MrHat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2004
    I honestly think medi-cloreans is more of a PT philosophy and I personally don't like the idea. I like to think of the force as an energy source that flows through your soul that once you believe in it to a certain spiritual degree and make it one with yourself, then you become the master. Oh don't make this seem like I am one of the people who believes in the force and walks around dressed as a jedi. I am only saying If I was with Luke and co. I would see it that way.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Midi-chlorians are here to stay, so we have to accept their existence.

9. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "Hello, ben used the force to get the torpedos into the exhaust ports!! "I shall become more powerfull than you could ever imagine" "

Makeitlikeahamburger,
    No he didn't. Why would Ben, trying to train Luke to be a Jedi and use the Force, do it for him? How would Luke learn? Listen to what Ben says during the trench run. "Use the Force Luke" He didn't say, "Pull the trigger Luke and I'll get the torpedoes in".
    "The more powerful than you could etc, etc" comes from the fact Obi Wan will phyiscally be dead, but he knows he will be a Blue Glowie and able to still assist Luke on his Jedi path. However that's my opinion and I don't have any proof. Unless, of course, Ep III changes this with the Blue Glowie answer we all hope it gives us.

"And the way I see it, Greedo intentionally missed. He was just trying to intimidate Han. "

Why would Greedo try to intimidate Han? Greedo could've got the bounty whether Solo was dead or alive.

"IMO, yes. It created a chosen one, which seems to be a conscious act. Obi-Wan also tells Luke the Force can control one's actions. "

Mara, I respectively disagree with you. However there is a whole other thread for that converstation.

Han doesn't use the Force. For whichever reason, whether he has no potential or doesn't believe in it. He's just a talented individual. He is a highly skilled pilot, he definatly has a high level of intelligence and street smarts, and is a good shot. All of the combined make him a better than average Joe, but not neccessarily a Force sensitive.

I hate to say it but there is no good in-universe answer to this. In ANH Greedo never shot. In ANH SE he did, but they had to make Han dodge it or Greedo would've shot him in the face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.