main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Did I Save You Yet? (KOTOR II Cut Content) Atton Rand, Meetra Surik

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The Corellian, Nov 4, 2012.

1. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    Title: Did I Save You Yet?​
    Author: The Corellian (The Raider on FF.net)​
    Genre: Drama/Romance​
    Characters: Atton Rand, Meetra Surik​
    Summary: Atton's death in the Malachor Core. Told from both his point of view, and the Exile's/Meetra's.​
    Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters​
    Did I save you yet?
    The pain is nearly blinding. There's something running down his face. She puts her hand against it, and as she quickly attempts to wipe it off using part of her robe, he can see its dark red color. Blood.​
    Your eyes. That bad uh?
    He doesn't want it to end this way. With so many things unsaid, so many things that he hasn't been forgiven for. And yet, like always, he'll grin and try to make a joke out of it.​
    I don't want you to see me like this. I…I don't want to die in front of you.
    In the blink of an eye, he sees everything flash before his eyes. The war, meeting her on Peragus, fighting their way through anything that the galaxy could throw at them. It…it all seemed so meaningless now.​
    I loved you from the first minute I saw you. Tried to pass it off as a joke, wasn't funny
    It hurts to talk now. He can feel blood quickly gathering in his throat. There's tears beginning to escape from her eyes, and she's clutching him, desperately trying to use the Force to save him. It's too late.​
    Hurts when I laugh. Hurts…
    Everything around her is turning black. He doesn't feel peace or anger. Only the satisfaction of knowing that she's safe. And that's all that really mattered.​
    ***​
    Atton, come on, you're not going to die. Not here, not now
    She wants so desperately to believe it, and yet, she knows it's not true. It seems somewhat poetic in a way. A former Jedi killer turned Jedi Knight, dying in a place surrounded by darkness. The irony isn't lost on her.​
    You've lost alot of blood. Just stay still, I…I won't let you die.
    Malachor is laughing at her. She can hear the very depths of the planet mocking her, laughing at the tragedy that is quickly unfolding before her eyes. The smell of death is in the air, and it's nearly causing her to gag. She keeps it down, not wanting him to see anything that would cause him to believe that its over. But yet, she knows that he already does.​
    Atton, you're not going to die! You hear me? It's not your time!
    He's grinning a little bit, and it nearly causes her to smack him. She's grown so used to seeing that smile, that she almost forgets where they are. Shaking her head, she grabs the skin above where his heart is. The beat is starting to slow. Closing her eyes, she tries to concentrate and use the healing "gift" that everyone has always talked about.​
    I know, Atton. I've always known. You never had to say anything.
    She can feel the tears starting to force their way out of the cracks between her eyes. Ignoring them, she focuses again on the heart, trying desperately to eradicate any sense of pain from his body. It's not working, and its making her want to scream until something inside of her explodes.​
    Atton? Atton?
    His heart isn't beating, and she pours every amount of Force energy into his body, trying desperately to make him breathe again. There's blood on her hands, but she ignores it. It's not important. Her friend, her lover, is dying, and there's nothing she can do to stop it.​
    Damn it! Atton, ATTON!
    She screams, her voice echoing through the core, slamming off of every wall, and infecting every nook and crack within the evil place. In front of her, Atton's eyes are starring into nothing. The tears are pouring down her face now.​
    Why did you have to protect me?

2. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    First of all, I really wish they hadn't cut this scene from the game (the audio is heartbreaking), and secondly, I love how you've interpreted it and added narrative. Thanks for sharing.

3. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    Thanks :) its really a shame that so much was cut from KOTOR II :(

4. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Beautiful use of two perspectives there. That was short but powerful.

5. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012

6. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I don't know much about Kotor II because I stopped playing the game right in the middle. Still, I always enjoyed Atton's character and had no clue that he dies.
    This was a really wonderful piece. It wasn't overly dramatic but realistic and not many authors can pull off a good mix like you did here.
    I loved it. =D=

7. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    Thank you :)