main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Jar Jar command any clone troopers to kill Jedi?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by TrueJedi, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Now fellows, lets play 'nicely'!

JarJar wasn't so bad - I suppose it just proves that anyone - anyone- can have an effect upon major decisions.

2. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    Thank you, my friend.

Another good way of looking at this is like the politician who by some way of fate came into office and while trying his best, served the very interests of those who worked to destroy the very system he was assigned to protect. Jar Jar was an ultimate buffoon and while legions of fans came to his defense, ignored the simple message of keeping incompetent politicians out of power lest they be used by the corrupt politicians for their own power goals.

Lucas made all these JJ lovers actually sympathize with this moron as he wormed his way into the halls of power where he was easily duped by Palpy and his friends. Well done Lucas.

While I always hated JJ as a bumbling idiot who ruined TPM, only now, at the end, do I truly understand what Lucas had in mind with this pathetic weasel of a politician. In order for a great Republic to fall, you need more than just corrupt politicians, you also need the morons who will do the bidding of the corrupt scumbags and the apathetic idiots who drive by without a care while Mace Windu falls handless from the sky.

3. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    JarJar thought he was doing the right thing.

With Padme safely out of the way on Naboo, Sidious could manipulate her temporary replacement.

4. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    That's correct Voodoo... But Rick Ollie had a part in that movie too. Wanna start a thread on him? This is the ROTS forum and the mods have seen fit to let this stay and I am in no position to question it's validity from a admin POV. But from a posters POV I think it's rediculous to think this was a possibility and that's why I made that post.

The fact that a character was major 2 movies ago has no bearing on this. He said "Scuse me" in ROTS, which is hardly major. So you might want to try to the EU forums and they can make up an answer for ya to this question.

5. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    I must agree. how did this get past the lock?. really Jarjar?, giving orders to kill?. his role in the Saga is practically irrelevant other than his being duped into getting executive powers for Palpatine, and being Anakins plaything in TPM. trhe initial post does not even give any reasoble reason or theory, other than he must do Palpatines bidding. there is no logic in the Question at all. Yoda's fart is more relevant than this.this topic would not escape being locked a couple of months ago.

6. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    I must agree Duggy, whether the author was serious or not.

7. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    Seems to me like this has turned into a Jar Jar appreciation thread. I have read three pages now And I have not heard anything that convincingly suggests Jar Jar ordered anyone to do anything at anytime. Oh well....

8. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    And I have not heard anything that convincingly suggests Jar Jar ordered anyone to do anything at anytime.

thats because there is not evidence to back up something like that

9. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    Exactly. So isn't this thread like...false advertising?

10. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    He said "Scuse me" in ROTS, which is hardly major. So you might want to try to the EU forums and they can make up an answer for ya to this question.

Hmmm. How about a thread titled "The implications of Jar-Jars "Scuse me" comment in ROTS". Whether or not Lucas realized it or not, I think Jar-Jar could have been worked into a great literary ploy of many types. But Lucas probably didnt really think of him in that way, otherwise he wouldnt have chicken out in Episodes 2 and 3.

11. TrueJedi

Jun 22, 2000
    If some of you guys would bother to read the additional posts which move past the comical question, then you'll easily see how appropriate Jar Jar's role was in ROTS even though he wasn't present throughout the film, his actions were still felt and only those hardcore JJ fans that have nothing but "loving" things to say about this incompetent useful idiot could miss the obvious aspects of Jar Jar's impact on all the dead Jedi in ROTS.

Lucas was brilliant in ways that many JJ fans still don't understand.

12. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    more like a stealth social thread[face_laugh]

13. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    I have read the thread...I still don't see how the title matches up with anything discussed. Kudos for looking deeper into the Jar Jar issue{although I didn't realize there was one} and making some good points....but what is the basis for suggesting Jar Jar commanded clones to kill Jedi?

14. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    As we all know, Jar Jar can be counted on by the Emperor to do his bidding so I'm wondering if anyone thinks Jar Jar gave orders to have Jedi killed. Thoughts?

O.k. , first. say's who?. who said or has said the Epmperor can count on JarJar to do his bidding?. this is guessing only, and can not be backed up by any fact, or past eveidence. JarJar was cleverly fooled into helping Palpatine in AOTC . that was Palpatine a man he thought was good. we never get a chance to see if Jarjar is on the Emperors side. and he's probably not. the Question is very out in left field. and should at least have some evidence or points to back it up. the scary part is that it appears to have been locked , then reopened. Curious. it's not Apr1 yet , is it?.

15. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    Check out his registration date Duggy. I think that may give a clue as to why this is being allowed......although I am quite sure we'll be told different.

16. TrueJedi

Jun 22, 2000
    Forget the title. It was only intended to ask the question as to how deep JJ's involvement went in ROTS. Thanks for doing what others failed to do and actually take the time to read the main posts and for giving them consideration. :)

17. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    Forget the title. It was only intended to ask the question as to how deep JJ's involvement went in ROTS. Thanks for doing what others failed to do and actually take the time to read the main posts and for giving them consideration

No offence , that's what you are supposed to do by asking a Question like this. give some evidence, or theory. but you seem to just ask a wacky question. just saying he will do the Emperors bidding is speculative at best. it's very un logical. maybe he and Sebulba turned the last of the Younglings into orange goo too. it's possible. 8-} and Maybe Bail had to kill Boss Nass to prove his allegiance?. get where this is going?

18. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    Please let me assure you my issue is not personally with you.....And I mean that. You do make some good points. I am just perplexed as to why some threads similar in nature meet an untimely death...but this one has not. No offense.

19. thechozn1

May 15, 2005

1- You agree that your question is comical.

2- You agree that what you bring into question can't be backed by the movie since you say it wasn't present in the film. Speculation is for the fanfic and EU forums respectively.

3- There are no "obvious aspects" as to Jar Jar other than the fact that he is a bumbling idiot. He doesn't know what the hell's going on much less know how to wipe out the jedi.

4- Since my registration date under this name is 05' I will probably be the one getting into trouble for this one.

20. TrueJedi

Jun 22, 2000
    Duggy, the title of the thread is a question. I see it one way, you see it as another. Without JJ, Palpy may never have gotten those emergency powers. Also Lucas does not suggest that Jar Jar suffered in any way as a result of his friendship to Palpy. Keep in mind that JJ was a close associate of Palpy so there's more in favor of him being a pal of Palpy than otherwise.

The Thread was locked initially because the mod assumed it was merely a joke but after explaining my perspective, he felt the idea that JJ may very well have been a powerful tool of Palpy. It's easy to see the correlation if you took the time.

21. TrueJedi

Jun 22, 2000
    No, actually, you're wrong. I've had more threads closed over the years than I would care to count. It's a matter of it being an interesting subject. So if you have something to offer the subject, then do so, otherwise there are many other threads you can spend your time. Please don't waste space here.

22. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Forget the title. It was only intended to ask the question as to how deep JJ's involvement went in ROTS.

No, no, no. Youre not going to get away with that. Your title was very very lame, just admit it. :D

4- Since my registration date under this name is 05' I will probably be the one getting into trouble for this one.

Yes, youll have to wait in "07" before youre legit. :p

23. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    Duggy, the title of the thread is a question. I see it one way, you see it as another. Without JJ, Palpy may never have gotten those emergency powers. Also Lucas does not suggest that Jar Jar suffered in any way as a result of his friendship to Palpy. Keep in mind that JJ was a close associate of Palpy so there's more in favor of him being a pal of Palpy than otherwise

If you want some advice, and i've had more than a few successful threads ;) . put some of that in the initial post.

24. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    Fortunately being Legit isn't a big concern of mine.
    Anyone notice Jar Jar can be seen making his way up the steps to attend the Opera? I wonder if there is something behind this.......what was he doing there? Was it a secret mission for Palpatine?

25. TrueJedi

Jun 22, 2000
    1- You agree that your question is comical.

Many threads start out that way so there's no need to put anything into that.

2- You agree that what you bring into question can't be backed by the movie since you say it wasn't present in the film. Speculation is for the fanfic and EU forums respectively.

Wrong. I've provided substantial info connecting Jar Jar to the destruction of the Republic and Jedi. You're just ignoring it. This is not EU since it's dealing with a film and not fanfic because the substance is not being made up.

3- There are no "obvious aspects" as to Jar Jar other than the fact that he is a bumbling idiot. He doesn't know what the hell's going on much less know how to wipe out the jedi.

Being a bumbling idiot is often enough to prove a great deal. I've addressed this several times.

The only thing you can get in trouble for is for taking a topic off subject and gearing your posts at a member rather than at a topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.