main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Jar Jar command any clone troopers to kill Jedi?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by TrueJedi, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm not even sure why this is open. Clearly all orders to kill Jedi under Order 66 come from one and only one person - Palpatine. What in the world would Jar-Jar have to do with anything?

2. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    Odd things happen in the SW universe, such as when we saw 3po shooting Jedi in the arena because of a malfunction in his conflicting program, it's quite possible that Jar Jar led a contingent of clone troopers out to kill Jedi because that's what Palpy may be what Palpy wanted.

JJ has done everything Palpy has wanted him to do up to that point so while we can only speculate as to how much participation JJ had in in the murder of Jedi, clearly he not only made the Emergency Powers Act possible but as Lucas made clear at during a question and answer session, JJ lived out his life not as part of the rebellion but as a close confidant of the Emperor's thinking that he was doing the final wishes of Padme. It was interesting that, unless I missed his participation during the deleted scenes where the Rebellion started organizing, JJ was no where to be found during those critical meetings. As a close associate of Palpy, why would you include someone like Jar Jar in your meetings?

It shouldn't be that hard to make the connection unless you are so hardcore in your love for JJ that you are willing to ignore every possible evidence that JJ was a huge mistake by anyone who put their faith in him.

It's time to start ignoring what we thought what was theory about JJ and instead put credibility in what we've seen on screen and been told by Lucas. Since Lucas explains JJ's final years as Senator with no ties to the rebellion placed instead as a trusted Palpy advisor, I'm not going to pretend that he was anything but exactly that, no matter how much I had hoped that JJ would come out as a true hero of the rebellion.

3. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    No but it would have been better if he bumbled the order and ordered them to kill HIM

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I bet Palpatine got him to do Order 67, which was something mundane like opening a tin of food. Knowing Jar-Jar, many around him would die in the process :)

5. TrueJedi

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm just surprised that considering the "Jar Jar Backlash" that we faced after TPM that Lucas didn't give JJ some important role for the start of the rebellion in ROTS. His incompetence could have been completely redeemed had Lucas given this some thought and not left JJ as some Imperial stooge doing the bidding of the Emperor right to the end. So sad.

So even though this is a either a fanfic or EU question, does anyone think that JJ led any clone troops against Younglings and butchered them among others?

6. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    I think with pretty much everyone else that Jar Jar knew being dead,
    it's no wonder that he'd hitched his wagon to Paplatine.
    I sort of find it fitting that he faded into obscurity.

7. TrueJedi

Jun 22, 2000
    Well said. It plays well into the sad drama that we experienced with the PT.

8. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    I'm just surprised that considering the "Jar Jar Backlash" that we faced after TPM that Lucas didn't give JJ some important role for the start of the rebellion in ROTS. His incompetence could have been completely redeemed had Lucas given this some thought and not left JJ as some Imperial stooge doing the bidding of the Emperor right to the end. So sad.

Nah, Lucas would have had to keep Jar-Jar in character. His incompetance would have ruined the rebellion. With Jar-Jars help, the rebellion would never have gotten off the ground. :D

9. TrueJedi

Jun 22, 2000
    Plus, JJ was too busy leading a brigade of Clones against Jedi in the Jedi Temple. It saddens me that Qui Gon has been directly and indirectly responsible for the clamity that had befallen the Republic and the Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.