main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Jimmy's death effect anyone emotionally? (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by andur_black, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_1984

Anakin_1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2001
    Personally,I was not crying, did get a little teary eyed though. His death did effect me more than Chewbacca's. When Chewie died I wasn't on the verge of crying, but I did get very upset with those people though. I've been a big Star Wars fan since 1998 and mostly because of the books. I especially liked the Solo kids. I'm still basically in quiet morning. Some people would say that he wasn't real,saying it doesn't matter. That just makes things worse. First it's down right mean and Anakin Solo not being alive is just much more tragic than it would have been if he were alive. Hopefully they will bring him back but I dont think it likely. Finally, don't go so hard on Jaina.Imagine you were in a war fighting for your countries', your, and every one you know's survival and your younger brother dies. I don't have any siblings but it would be very hard for me not to seek absolute revenge.

2. RogueJeedai

RogueJeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    A little teary eyed? That's all? Well then, I guess some people might find it strange when I say I sobbed my eyes out ALL DAY. I actually think I'd be able to say that the death of Anakin was one of the most traumatic things that has ever happened to me. (but the breaking in chapter 21 comes pretty close) I'm not even kidding. Hm, but whatever.

But, its been a week since I've finished the book and I'm happy to report that I can go back and reread that part without breaking into tears - as long as I don't think about it for too long.

:)

Let's just hope Kyp doesn't die, I don't think I'd survive that.

3. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    That seems a bit over the top. I mean, ALL DAY? Kind of sad, but I feel ya. The onl reason I shed a tear, Anakin_1984, was to appear senitive to the person I was reading the book with.

You make a good point about not going hard on Jaina, tho.

4. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    My reaction: Yippee!

5. RogueJeedai

RogueJeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    why, gandolf, why?!

6. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Jimmy's death was affecting because of the future that was denied to us. Just like Wedge wrote to Ackbar when his niece was killed, it is the future that is forever cut off to those who die. that is the sad part. Jimmy's death affected me in the same way John F. Kennedy Jr's death affected me. You immediately think, Why? and when you do come to accept it, you don't mourn the person anymore, but you mourn the future and possibilities lost to everyone.

7. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I knew it was coming, so I was more or less prepared, especially when he was injured... but I do have to admit that his last few moments got to me (although I didn't cry). Even after I'd finished the book, I kept going back to reread those last few pages before his death. I think it's Tahiri's line that was the saddest for me: when she was about to kiss him, but then stopped, and told him, "No. For that, you have to come back." Reading that, and knowing that he never would... that was hard. His death was sad, and Han and Leia's reactions were sadder, but for me, that was the part that hit home the most for me emotionally.

God bless, Jimmy!

8. Truor_Tupnm

Truor_Tupnm Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    I haven't read that book, but I'm sure that I wouldn't care at all because he killed Chewie :( who was the greatest character in Star Wars and I knew that he had to die soon because if he didn't somebody like me would come along and kill him because he killed Chewie :( and I know I'm a broken record about Chewie's death, but I don't understand how you people can make such a huge deal about Anakin and not Chewie. :_|

9. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah, it affected me pretty badly. The worst part was, I was *really* depressed for like a week, but I couldn't show it because my best friend hadn't read it yet. Strangely, when she found out about it and we could actually talk about it, I wasn't sad anymore! Kinda like a weight had been lifted off me, because I didn't have to be upset by myself.
    I definitely sobbed-I didn't really cry, at least not with any tears- when I read about his death, but I had to stop reading for a minute after he said for Jacen to "kiss Tahiri for me". Then when it said he was gone, I cried for about five minutes and read the rest of the book in numb silence. In fact, I don't really even remember the last third of the book except for the major events that happened.
    Then I was really depressed, like I said, for a long time. I'm better now, I guess.

10. Anakin_1984

Anakin_1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2001
    Anakin did not kill Chewie! He really didn't have a choice but to leave him behind on that planet. Anakin,his father,and dozens of refugees would have died if they went back for him.

11. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I cried when he died.

It was the single most-sad moment in any sw book ever!

I keep thinking about poor Tahiri. They never had their goodbye kiss... anakin was never able to tell her he loved her... :(

It will haunt me for the rest of the NJO.
    Those Vong bastards.

12. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I too was more saddened by Leia and Luke's reactions than by Anakin's actual death. I didn't find it nearly as poignant, however, as Phanan's death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.