main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Ki-Adi Die?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by swordofthesith, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    \\ agrees with Leonard \\

Nice try, though, Ghost. [face_plain]

2. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    So the General only killed Barrek, Sha'a gi and Tarr Seir, thats not really that impressive.

3. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    That's who died on-screen...but more could've died prior to what we saw (and sounded as-if they were, judging by that hologram message to Obi-Wan). It's obvious that the few Jedi that were hiding were all that was left. Everyone else...Jedi and clones alike...were wiped-out. ;)

Also...it was a six to nine minute episode. How many Jedi did you folks expect to see him kill in that amount of time? Eight-hundred and fifty? Isn't gonna happen. I thought what we saw was the perfect taste of what's to come...and it was mighty impressive, IMO. Grievous is an incredible adversary.

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Well, for all the talk about how he has "perfected the art of killing Jedi" or somthin, I was expecting a lot more to die.

Hasn't like everyone in the CIS who is descript, perfected the art of killing jedi?

Example: Durge (I know they said that about him), GG (they said someting about him like that)

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The situation probably would have been more impressive if they had used more original Jedi in the battle- they wouldn't have been restrited to who could die and such.

As it stands, everyone who could die at the hands of the General in that episode, did ::)

6. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    I know Aayla,Shaak Ti,and Ki-Adi-Mundi survived because the databank on the OS says so.Also,I thought it was kind of sick for a show on Cartoon Network(which I've watched for years since I was little)to show Ki's Padawan get his head crushed.I guess now I know how he died.

Is it just me or isn't strange how Sha'a Gi's body suddenly disappears from the General's feet as he prepares for battle?This made me think that he may have somehow survived and was laying half dead somewhere on the ground nearby.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Don't you mean *in* the ground? [face_batting]

8. darthevil

darthevil Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2004
    He could have survived though I think Grievi's feet decapitated the stupid Padawan.But it will remain a secret how DB died.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually- you can see a glimpse of Grievous's lightsaber killing DB in the hologram before it cuts off. So he died by saber wound most likely.

10. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    The series does a lot of things like that. Like those huge Spider Droids blow up, and there is no flying debris. It is the same for Sha'a Gi, we don't see anything more of him, but he's dead. If we saw anything more of him, it wouldn't be TV-appropriate.

11. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    >>The series does a lot of things like that. Like those huge Spider Droids blow up, and there is no flying debris.

To see some major fudging, look at the beginning of Chapter 7. There should be corpses and boulders everywhere, but the arena's empty.

12. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Shaggy:
    [image=http://www.ofadam.com/ffa/jcpics/shaggysquish1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.ofadam.com/ffa/jcpics/shaggysquish2.jpg]
    [image=http://www.ofadam.com/ffa/jcpics/shaggysquish3.jpg]
    [image=http://www.ofadam.com/ffa/jcpics/shaggysquish4.jpg]

DB:
    [image=http://www.ofadam.com/ffa/jcpics/generalkill.jpg]

13. Qu_Klaani

Mar 27, 2004
    I think it would have been much better if the Jedi there had been original Jedi who we didn't know except Ki adi Mundi who was really cool in this. The fact that GG didn't even kill K'Kruhk who was lying at his feet was poor.

14. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    He had other problems on his hands...

15. Qu_Klaani

Mar 27, 2004
    He swung the lightsaber down at him, all he had to do was aim at his neck and he would have died, but no he only managed to 'gravely wound' him. If only the cartoon makers had used Jedi who didn't have to survive, don't get me wrong I love the Clone wars, and this episode in particular, but why couldn't we have seem some more Jedi fatalities.

16. darthevil

darthevil Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2004
    TS:

Catched.

Crushed.

Throwed.

Edit:And how did GG killed DB with the lightsaber?Daakman seemed to dodge the hit.Decapitated?Cut in half?Vertical half?

17. Captain-Casualties

Captain-Casualties Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2004
    Perhaps GG used one of his other lightsabers off-holo?

18. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    Thanks for the pics PhOenix,but I mean when Grievous throws his cape off his body after you see him land on Sha'a Gi.

19. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    I'm curious what Ki-Adi looked down at before Grevious jumped? Surprised no one else has brought that up.

When Grevious was in mid air it looked at if there was a pit next to them, but that wouldn't be what Ki-Adi looked stratight down at.

20. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    So is Shaak Ti dead?

21. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Read the posts around you!!!!!

Aayla, K'Kruhk, Shaak and Ki-Adi all survived!

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No she is alive.

23. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Read the posts around you!!!!!

Aayla, K'Kruhk, Shaak and Ki-Adi all survived!

Dude calm down. I just asked a simple question. You didn't have to go all crazy with the exclamations. Sorry that I don't have all day to read two long pages.

24. EricIsBacchus

EricIsBacchus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    If Ki-Adi is so powerful, why didn't he just make like Mace did in one of the earlier chapters and rip Grievous apart with the force?

25. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    This episode was more true to the extent of Jedi powers. The other episodes *way* overdid them. They made the Jedi act like Superman, or gods. Don't get me wrong, the series rocked, but even Jedi have limits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.