main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Did Kylo save Rey in the vision?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MDE, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDE

MDE Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    That's one thing I'm not clear on. Did he run his saber through someone who was about to kill Rey? That would be interesting, as in that act he potentially has sown the seeds of his future destruction.

2. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    That what I took from that part of the vision, that Ben had saved Rey.

3. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It would certainly be interesting if it turned out that teenage Kylo saved Rey and took her to Jakku... but the thing is, wouldn't Snoke have seen that through the force? You'd have thought so.

4. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    It is a force vision. They are notoriously unreliable.

There was a whole bunch of stuff in the vision that Rey could not have been present for or experienced or even heard of. All we can really say is that the force called out to her.

5. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I've read on a few different websites that people think that Kylo will have a change of heart because he is a solo and Rey is either 1) also a Solo that can't remember and her parents were mind wiped by Snoke/Kylo somehow or 2) she's a Skywalker and he knows the weight of destruction it would bring having her killed or die somehow in the future.

6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Quite possibly. Will post this in the KoR thread as well - but I think that is Mark Stanley that Kylo kills in the vision. Mark was originally credited as the Clan Leader in the build up to the film. Whether that was legit at the time I don't know, but he is now officially listed as a Knight of Ren (the only one that is credited - on IMDB at least). So that may well be Kylo saving young Rey right there in the vision, but even if it's not, Kylo is killing one of his own there. I know that is not the Temple attack, which happens later than Rey being dropped on Jakku, but I still think our best bet so far on the evidence available is that Kylo, or rather Ben, was unable to let Rey die - kind of like a reverse of Anakin attacking Mace to save Palpatine - and then dropped her on Jakku with Unkar Plutt after burying her memories and then jumping back into the Unkown regions to rejoin Snoke.

RobbyV, JediLight, Force22 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.