main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Lucas make visual references to real life disasters in Sith?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by inkswamp, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I can see some of the points made here. At times people were talking about felucia being too much like fallajah (Spelling?) and this and that. If it turns out that George altered the PT to be some type of Anti-Bush Era propganda, that is sad....and let's face it, paying homage to the two towers would only reinforce that sentiment.

He does make reference to real life disasters in Sith though. Alot (Some) of the Mustafar shots were of an actual volcano eruption.

As far as the space shuttle/IH goes, I did think that he used pictures of shuttle reentries into the atmosphere as a basis for what we see. Not necessarily the shuttle at a disasterous time, but the shuttle landing normally. See, we aren't quite advanced enough yet to get ships back into the atmosphere without danger of them burning up. ;)

Carbage

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    lol, I think you're onto something with the Invisibile Hand one. Good thing those guys in the GFFA had something called tractor beams =/

3. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I was there when the WTC fell on 9/11, and what I remember was that it was a clear sunny day, no clouds, and extremely blue sky, which is exactly how the Jedi Temple looked. Considering the overcast, gloomy color scheme which pervades ROTS, the blue sky during the Jedi Temple scene leads me to believe that Lucas intentionally wanted to make the connection with 9/11.

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    He did. He said so.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I think a lot of times, people take out of movies what they take into them. If you want the burning of the Jedi Temple to be a way of remembering 9/11, thats what you'll take away from it. If you think it has no relation to 9/11 and IT is just a coincidence, than thats what you'll think. There is no right or wrong answers to the way people interprate art. Its totally down to the individual.

For me personally, I think the Jedi Temple burning borrows heavily from what happened to the WTC and it was a deliberate connection Lucas wanted us to make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.