main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

did lucas plan to show anakin kill the sand people?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Antonino_, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antonino_

Antonino_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    just wondering if he at one point wanted to show this,then decided not to cause of the pg rating. did he maybe shoot some footage then decided not to use it? the novel desribes it in more detail. what do you fellow fans think?

2. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    Unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe that George shot more footage regarding Anakin and the Sand People than what we saw. It would've been cool to see, but also gratuitous.

3. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I have no idea, but I wouldn't think so. We're still meant to like Anakin and getting too close to a slaughter of innocents might have been too much for the audience.

4. Antonino_

Antonino_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    the novel must have just went into deatil cause books always give more detail,how ever i wonder if there are some unfinished shots of it that was abandoned such as the sandstorm scne in return of the jedi.

5. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    lucas is his own clear play dvd player

6. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    Curious, how did Anakin kill the women and children? With a lightsaber? Did any of those dogs attack him?

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think Anakin went "close-to-the-dark-side-but-not-quite" way too many times. A scene like this with Anakin getting revenge on the Sand People should have been building up to some darker, more tragic ending...but that's just my opinion.

8. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Will Anakin go to the dark side? Does he become Darth Vader? Will he help wipe out the Jedi? I have obstained from watching the OT in order to remain completely spoiler free.

He just wanted to pet the sand people. Silly Anakin forgot to turn off his lightsaber and he accidentally cut through them. Or maybe Anakin didn't kill any of the sand people. It was just a perception of their death.

If anyone hasn't guessed, this is all sarcasm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.