main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Luke's face look banged up in ep. 5,6?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedi_rebel3789, Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_rebel3789

jedi_rebel3789 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2004
    i don't know if you guys knew but Mark Hamill got into an accident before the filming of episode 5. The doctors had to REALLY reconstruct his face. I was watching it and noticed gashs all over his face. Supposedly Lucas covered with the ice creature scene. What do you guys think?

2. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    Supposedly the wampa attack had nothing to do with Mark's accident and how bad the damage was varies from account to account.

3. JediPrincess6147

JediPrincess6147 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2004
    from the man himself
    http://www.classicscifi.com/actors.php?actor=Mark+Hamill

"I had the accident way before Star Wars came out, but what really happened has been terribly distorted. I broke my nose, that's it! But I've read accounts about how my face has been reconstructed with plastic surgery and how I was pulling myself along the highway with one arm looking for help. I even heard that I drove off a cliff! That's the best one of all." - Mark Hamill on his auto accident.

4. jedi_rebel3789

jedi_rebel3789 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2004
    Thanx, right after I posted this I was reading an interview with the quote but I had no time to take the post off

5. Diogonese

Diogonese Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    ...no, no, you're all wrong. A little known Star Wars fact; after Mark Hammil's tragic car accident, George Lucas replaced him with a look alike actor named; Smarmy Gopherface; pronounced Go-feh-eh' (he was french). The REAL Mark Hammil only appears once more in the trilogy, in the Vader unmasking scene. Apparently, his injuries were far more extensive than anyone could have imagined.

6. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I've had friends tell me that Mark was not only physically damaged in his car crash...but that he even flipped his lid. This guy told me that after the crash...Mark believed he really WAS Luke Skywalker for a time.

7. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    People have such vidid imaginations 8-}

8. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    ...no, no, you're all wrong. A little known Star Wars fact; after Mark Hammil's tragic car accident, George Lucas replaced him with a look alike actor...

And if you play the film backwards, you hear what sounds like a car crash, a woman screaming, and Harrison Ford reciting the words "I buried Mark. I buried Mark."

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    People always make such a big deal about this, but I honestly never even noticed him looking different until someone pointed it out. He looks a little different with the nose thing, but not hugely.

-sj loves kevin spacey

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I thought Mark Hamill's crash was in Hollywood, near the Chinese Theater? I saw a documentairy on German television about Mark Hamill and they showed a car crash with a huge cloud of dusk raising from it and a white car "almost flipping in the air".

11. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    And if you play the film backwards...

Actually...

...if you play ESB backwards, it's a movie about Luke, Leia and Han travelling to Hoth to help Vader construct a rebel base in the snow. :p

12. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    And if you play the film backwards, you hear what sounds like a car crash, a woman screaming, and Harrison Ford reciting the words "I buried Mark. I buried Mark."[/i]

Had a good laugh at that one.

So what's Yoda's excuse? He looks different in 3 films.

13. Darkness_Himself

Darkness_Himself Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    Actually...

...if you play ESB backwards, it's a movie about Luke, Leia and Han travelling to Hoth to help Vader construct a rebel base in the snow

^^^^^ [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.