main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Mace see the future?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bubbs, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbs

Bubbs Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2003
    First off, I'm sorry if someone has brought this up before, but read this:

"In my dreams here, I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal." (p. 255 of Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover).

Mace Windu said that in Shatterpoint. Is it possible that Mace saw the destruction brought on by the Vong almost 40 years prior to their invasion? Pretty interesting if you ask me.

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Yes, he did see the future. And this has been brought up before on at least two occassions. ;) But never mind. :)

3. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Whoa... that's cool. Now I *really* wanna read Shatterpoint. :D

Actually, that line would have been cooler if Shatterpoint was written before the NJO was even an idea. Then it'd actually BE prophetic (on the part of both the AUTHOR, *and* Mace), instead of just "convenient EU connection", like, say... 'Rogue Planet' connecting to the NJO.

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    There was a topic for this, and there was some debate over the timing, although I believe that it was during the NJO that it occured. Stover talks a little about it in one of my interviews at TUCWS. Go to the interviews page for more details, but I think that its a little too much of a coincidence to not relate to the NJO.

5. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    shatterpoint is simply amazing, best SW book ive read yet, altho cloak of deception is up there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.