main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace survive after his fall?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Frankakin skywalker, Dec 24, 2012.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    You'd still have to have Mace sitting there, explaining his whole "Force coma" to the audience. Or flashback to the end of the ROTS fight. Star Wars doesn't really do flashbacks. Basically, there's no way you can bring him back without it being incredibly contrived.

But I want it anyway!

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Let's say that somewhere in the ST, somewhere on Coruscant, we very briefly encounter a nameless insane ancient man with one hand who rambles incoherently, played by Sam Jackson. I'd find that funny.

3. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    Yay!

5. Lord_kimo1

Lord_kimo1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2009
    I agree. Mace had to go away, so the rest of the story could unfold. In order for the Empire to rule the Galaxy, the Jedi had to become near to extinction. Obi Wan said it himself.

kainee and Frankakin skywalker like this.
  6. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I was secretly wishing that he did survive, because after AOTC, I had envisioned that the best way for him to die (assuming that he was not alive during the OT) would be to have an after-credits scene where you see him on the run, and then teenage Boba shows up and kills him with lethal efficiency. In fact, if he survives the fall, I hope it is for the purpose of putting him as a revenge kill in a future Boba Fett: bounty Hunter game.

kainee likes this.
  7. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I did survive the fall. After Palpatine's death, I rose up and killed Luke, Leia, and Han. Now at the start of the ST, I rule the galaxy as Emperor Windu.

8. Lord_kimo1

Lord_kimo1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2009
    Nice!

9. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Most sources say they get around 2 million viewers per episode. How is that not most people? Thats almost 7% of the US population. I would say thats a decent amount of people.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    1) It's not 7%, it's less than 1%, it's .67%.
    2) How are these numbers anywhere near "most people" ?

Seeing how TPM sold 85 million tickets, ROTS sold 60 million, and AOTC sold 52 million, I don't think TCW's audience is comparable to the audience expected for Star Wars movies.

11. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Yep ur right. Carried the decimal to the wrong spot and got 6.7%. My bad :)

My point is, obviously they have enough viewers to keep it on the air.

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It's already got more seasons than just about anything in the immensely popular DCAU ever did as far as I'm aware.

13. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    It wouldn't be hard at all to explain his absence from the second trilogy if he would appear in the third: He was afraid of the Sith. Their encounter changed him, he became disillusioned with the Republic and abandoned the ways of the Jedi. He kept to himself for years, hidden from the public eye. Once the Sith were gone, he felt safe enough to turn up again. With a new Galactic Republic establishing itself, he feels the need to stand up (if he can still do that) and speak his mind. The system failed under the reign of Palpatine and he does not want to run the risk of history repeating itself.
    Voila! We have a new antagonist!

"I'm going to end this, once and for all!"
    /LM

kainee likes this.
  14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Nah, he was crazy all those years and "grew" spider hands until his brother - brother - brother - showed up to rescue him and persuade him to join the cause.

15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    The problem with him being alive is obvious: where did he go? He was gone for the rest of ROTS (that in itself pretty much makes it impossible that he lived, he would have contacted Yoda immediately to tell him about Anakin), then never appeared in the OT (chonologically AFTER that).

No. He is dead. No other explanation that would work.

The other explanations being given here don't fly. Force ghost only, likely not even that.

kainee and eht13 like this.
  16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Seriously, it's more likely he survived than Maul. He could have slowed his fall, fallen into a speeder...Maul was bisected.

kainee and CT-867-5309 like this.
  17. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Yeah the maul point is good, still, super unlikely

18. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Even though I'm saying this for the billionth time, he pretty much was supposed to die. If he had escaped, do you think he would have found Yoda and/or Obi-Wan? There is a chance he did escape and live in hiding, but not very likely. I'll look it up right now and post on here in a sec.

19. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
  20. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    Darth Maul has also been officially dead.

If Mace survived, I assume that he would be grievously injured. He would not be able to interact with any of the major characters for the remainder of the film - and as I said, in the (unlikely) scenario where he shows up in the third trilogy, he would most also most likely have changed a great deal. His encounter with Palpatine and Anakin would've made him lose faith and he would've had little reason to show up again shortly after the fall.

"I sense something - a presence I've not felt since..."
    /LM

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    OK, I think we are going awash here; let us not have wishful thinking get the best of us, as the EU fans seem to very often on this forum regarding the new movie:
    1) This is NOT the EU, this is a movie; they have made it VERY CLEAR that this is a new story, and will NOT be from the EU; that is one of the few sure bits of info we have. These discussions of canon and the EU, bringing in info from the EU as evidence of what will happen in Episode 7 are surely wishful thinking. I know you guys love the EU, that is all good, but you are kidding yourselves.

2) This is going to fit into the series of movies. Maul was NOT brought back in a movie, he was brought back in the EU. Maul was killed in a movie, he would NOT be brought back in a movie, PERIOD. The logic I am hearing in this thread- Since Maul was brought back in EU, then Mace COULD be brought back in Episode 7- I am sorry, but that point is an epic logical fail.

3) OK, so Mace was supposed to die, therefore he could be alive? He would hide if he lived when he was supposed to die? Huh? I realize some of you guys want this to be a possibility, but that is preposterous, would make for a ridiculous story, and AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. If Mace had lived, he would have made a beeline to notify Yoda and any remaining Jedi of what had happened. His whole purpose in going to get the Emperor was "so the Jedi order could survive." The he lives, runs and hides, and lets the Jedi order fall as it may? FAIL. WON'T HAPPEN. They are too concerned about the well-being of the series and the success of the movie to do anything as stupid as bringing him back.

kainee likes this.
  22. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    Where in the movies does someone step in and say "Windu is dead, period"? I may have missed that part.

"I can't see, pal"
    /LM

Frankakin skywalker likes this.
  23. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    So I guess Stass Allie/PloKoon are still alive. I mean, they could have used the force to protect themselves...

24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    TCW isn't EU..

25. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    What is with this insistence of having characters not die? I remember people insisting Aayla Secura of all people, even though we see her riddled with blaster shots as she fell to the ground was still alive...