main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Mace Windu Fall to the Dark Side?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Husion, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    That's what funny, if I had been at the crib... I would have explained it using firefox via multi-tabbing...
    If I pull up Youtube at work I get the "we don't support this dinosaur anymore" message.[face_laugh]

And for the record, Mace was as much a Sith as 3PO was.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Seriously? 8-}

[face_laugh] I don't know which is more badass... having a purple lightsaber, or being all golden and shiny.

3. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    Purple lightsabers are cool, but C3PO's entire body was bling...If you can get away with wearing more gold than Mr. T, you win.

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The EU does not say he survived, actually. All sources agree that Mace is dead.

5. Husion

Husion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2010
    Mace was a murderer.

Once you commit an act of murder, you are on the Dark Side. He attempted murder twice. The second time, it was his act which took "The Chosen One" to his destiny: Co-Rule the Galaxy with the Sith Lord and produce a Sith Lord Son for the future.

The Sith merely penetrated the Jedi Council with undercover Sith Lords: Mace Windu, Qui-God, Yoga, Kenobi. All were the product of Dark Side sorcery. All worked together with Sidious to turn the Chosen One over to him.

The prophecy of "The Chosen One" is that the Dark Lord of the Sith-- Darth Sidious-- chose him as his own, and "The Chosen One" brought a Sith Lord to power.

And after their deaths, Luke Skywalker was now the new Sith Lord. This can be found in Luke and Vader's father-and-son chat:

Luke: I know there's still good in you, Adolph Hitler.

Luke was telling a mass murderer he was good. Imagine, goodness by the end of the six films means one who commits genocide.

Kenobi: Trust your feelings.
    Palpatine: Search your feelings, Lord Vader
    Skywalker: Search your feelings, Father.

Feelings are subjective. To "trust your feelings" is doomed to failure. Feelings can be manipulated.

Palpatine: He was too dangerous to be kept alive.
    Windu: He's too dangerous to be kept alive.

Palpatine: Good is a point of view, Anakin.
    Kenobi: So what I have told you is true... from a certain point of view.

I see. So Siths lie; Jedi bend the truth.

I guess, then, you're saying that murder is acceptable, and does NOT take you to the Dark Side.

One of the biggest things evil does is say, "Oh, I'm not really here. THere's no REAL evil! I'm just a figment of your imagination."

6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Mace didn't murder anyone. He killed Jango Fett in a combat situation, which cannot possibly be interpreted as murder.

7. Husion

Apr 8, 2010
    He killed Jango Fett in a combat situation, which cannot possibly be interpreted as murder.

He tore his hand off, disabling him. He then took it upon himself to decapitate Fett and in front of Fett's own son. After he did that, he simply cocks his head and looked down, without the slightest remourse. His action was so repulsive, it even shocked Count Dooku, hardly one to express shock.

I submit that you turn to the Dark Side once you have committed your first murder [therefore, Skywalker turned to the Dark Side when he killed the innocent women and children of the tusken raiders, and so was on the Dark Side all throughout Episode 3.]

We still have the matter of

Palpatine to Skywalker: [Dooku] was too dangerous to be kept alive [after Skywalker murdered him].
    Windu to Skywalker: He's too dangerous to be kept alive! [Therefore, I'm going to murder him, too.]

If you murder an evil man, that makes you evil, too. That either Fett or Palpatine deserve death is not the issue. Mace murdered/attempted to murder each one. If you murder someone as a vigilante, you are as bad as the other murderer.

Though I submit that Windu was part of the Sith cabal to infiltrate the Jedi long before TPM. It wasn't until episode three,just before the big moment when Windu said, "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor." Oh really, Sherlock? You just figuring that out? Evidently, he was hiding from everyone else what he felt earlier as Palpatine just hung around the Council all that time. He was either comletely stupid [hardly likely] or he was waiting until his Dark Lord, whoever it was, gave him permission. If Anakin had obeyed him and stayed...

logic tells us that Darth Sidious would have entered Mace Windu and the threat would not be over. That's what murder does. As far as "THe Chosen One" goes, he was chosen by the Sith to bring a Sith Lord to power. That would have worked, whoever the Sith Lord was going to be. Skywalker did not "bring the Force into balance" he left his son, the Sith, alive and well.

8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    The two-toned leg is what really set the costume off.:p

Right.
    Because Jango WASN'T shooting at Windu's face.:oops:

1.)That's called finishing the Job. Bounty hunters are not above blowing-up themselves and everybody else in the vicinity, with them... 2.) Jango should not have said "WHAT?" again. 3.) Dooku realized that his prime clone was lost and how ticked-off his master was going to be when he found out.:p

9. Husion

Apr 8, 2010
    Jango should not have said "WHAT?" again.

I'm not sure what this means.

10. Darth_Davi

Jul 29, 2005
    I wonder, Husion...do you think that police officers who get shot at repeatedly by a criminal trying to kill them are committing murder if they shoot the criminal dead? Or are they justified in their actions? Because that is essentially what we have here.

Jango Fett was the prime suspect in an attempted assassination of a Galactic Senator (they had already figured out that Zam was working for Fett), the attempted murder of Jedi Knights, and he was aiding and abetting an individual who was attempting to overthrow the Galactic government. Then, he repeatedly tried to shoot Mace Windu dead. Mace Windu was acting on behalf and with the authority of the Republic, as a newly commissioned military officer. The Jedi on Geonosis were teaming with the clone army, and acting as its commanders. It was clearly a combat situation, Jango attacked him, and he defended himself. Sometimes in a war, defending your own life means taking the life of the person trying to kill you. And you are concerned that Mace went to the dark side? Completely laughable.

Then, you want to claim that Mace tried to murder Palpatine. Go back and watch ROTS again. Mace goes there to arrest Palpatine, because he actually was the sith lord they were looking for, and at that time, Palpatine proceeds to strike down 3 Jedi masters in the span of a few seconds. Masters who were there to arrest him, not assassinate him. Palpatine refused to cooperate, and attacked. That completely justifies Mace's engaging in lightsaber combat with him. Palpatine demonstrated he was a highly dangerous individual, and that deadly force might have to be used to remove him from his position. The position in which he undermined the Republic, staged an illegal war for nothing but his own benefit, amassing power through deceit, bribery, and general corruption. Again, completely laughable.

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    The Jedi wove a web of lies around the Republic and Senate.
    Mace was evil to the core and deserved to die for his treachery against the chosen leader of the Galaxy. Mace wanted Palpatine's emergency-powers, because as we all know: The Jedi convened over a holo and they agreed to remove the Chancellor from office and take control of the Senate... for their own narrow-minded, dogmatic agenda. Don't you see Davi, we've had it wrong from the jump.8-}

12. Darth_Davi

Jul 29, 2005
    Hallelujah, I have seen the light!

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Finally!!
    [image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/Stopping_Office_Gossip.gif]
    All it takes is a few blasts to the face & you can see clearly through the fog of lies!!

And are now free to use the darkside like Windu....
    [image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/Fail.gif]
    What good is unlimited POWAH!!!! ---> if you can't whack anyone that you want?

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    No, he didn't. Try actually watching the scene in question before passing judgment on it.

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Do they speak English in What?

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
  17. Charn

Charn Jedi Master star 8

Dec 23, 2004
    I think you are being a tad unfair on the new user (above two posts)

so he didn't understand what you meant, no need to be smart about it.

So why don't you EXPLAIN to him why he is wrong, instead of "no you're wrong watch the scene again" attitude.

18. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    What??

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    ^ Fair enough. SSS and I are referring to Pulp Fiction, which features Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu) playing a very badass character named Jules Winnfield.

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    "Say 'What' again!"
    [image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/Swirling_Vaapad.jpg]

As for Mace and the darkside...
    "For the Order and the Republic, I will give anything and everything, including my life."
    "I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light."
    --Mace

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081119175351/starwars/images/f/f2/Mace_Unleashed.jpg]

"A very, very wise Jedi once said to me, we don't have to win. All we have to do is fight."
    --Obi-Wan Kenobi, on Mace Windu

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    :confused: What's unclear about "No, he didn't tear his hand off"?

22. Charn

Charn Jedi Master star 8

Dec 23, 2004
    because said user seems to think he did,

he certainly did something to him before lopping off his head, he didn't go straight for his head, regardless of whether he chopped his hand off or not.

Edit: watching again it looks like he hits the gun, knocking it from his hands.

23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly. And said user would only need to watch it again to see that. Besides, Mace knows that Jango is a walking arsenal (he himself almost got killed by Jango's flamethrower not long before that), so he has no reason to think that Jango will just stop and surrender once that blaster has been destroyed.

24. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    Windu was black, and in SW black equals evil. That and red.

Damn racists. :mad: :p

25. Charn

Charn Jedi Master star 8

Dec 23, 2004
    nevermind:
    i've no intent on derailing the thread,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.