main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Mace Windu Fall to the Dark Side?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Husion, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    And watching the scene again would let him see that his perception was wrong.

2. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    then why not say, his perception is wrong because.. (in this case, he disarmed the gun before lopping his head off)

anyway, it's a mute point,

it's over with.

No need to bring it up again.

Mace isn't exactly a Sith, but not exactly a perfect example of a Jedi knight imo.

before i'm accused of hiding behind a sock: it's Charn.

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I know what it's from guy..

I was continuing the dialogue from the film..

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Hence my IMMEDIATE response...
    I so wish I could find the Jules-Windu-BMF mashup.
    Mace with a curl and scruffy beard = Sith.
    Right?
    :p

EDIT:
    And I think Eht was addressing Charn, there Rummy.
    But I have been wrong before, from time to time.

5. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Because of Vaapad Mace Windu was always a bit more dark than your average Jedi. He wasn't a sit around and philosophize jedi, more of a take action jedi.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, I was simply responding to this:

7. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I think we can put this issue to rest. It's time to move on.

8. Husion

Husion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2010
    The Jedi wove a web of lies around the Republic and Senate.
    Mace was evil to the core and deserved to die for his treachery against the chosen leader of the Galaxy. Mace wanted Palpatine's emergency-powers, because as we all know: The Jedi convened over a holo and they agreed to remove the Chancellor from office and take control of the Senate... for their own narrow-minded, dogmatic agenda. Don't you see Davi, we've had it wrong from the jump.

LOL!

You have done well!

9. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    ^^^

And the freely elected Grand Chancellor of the Republic, whom the Jedi were sworn to serve, was dead-on right when he told his future apprentice:

"Those who gain power are afraid to lose it!"

The OS (EU location of Haruun Kal) tells us that Mace's home planet was peopled by the Korunnai, who were force sensitives. While putting down a civil war, Mace basically touched the dark side. The entry explains:

" Mace received an unsettlingly close look at the grim realities of war. He tried to stay true to the Jedi Code, though he felt the temptation of abandon, of letting go and slipping into the rage and insanity of warfare. "

OK -- EU, but there is a very un-Jedi like aspect to Mace's demeanor in the PT. He is truly 'one bad mutha,' and ultimtely proved a good match for Palpatine in his use of Vapaad. It would have been ultra uber awesome had Windu taken Dooku's place, and Anakin sought his revenge against the very one who deemed him unfit to be a Jedi from the get go.

But alas, this is just whimsical fodder for an AU, or 'alternate universe,' story (and pure 'gold' for dark side fans, IMHO).

10. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    And you have done poorly...Here is a not so subtle hint...he was being sarcastic. He was mocking your position.

11. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    This was a combat situation. It wasn't like Jango was crawling around the arena floor wounded, crippled and begging for mercy and Mace gleefully diced him up.

This is what happened:

-> Jango gets trampled by the rhino beast. He gets up, dazed, but recovers. He sees Mace's lightsaber and instantly goes after it.

-> Mace sees this and uses the Force to get his lightsaber away from Jango. Jango proceeds to pull his blaster and starts shooting at Mace.

-> Mace charges in, deflecting the blaster fire before cutting Jango's head off, removing a threat from a battlefield.

Put Obi-Wan or Anakin in that position. Would they have reacted any differently?

However, I would like to argue that even backing up while shooting is still retreating. It's just not a full-blown "Throw your weapons down and HAUL ASS OUTTA THERE!!!!"

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm tired of all these Mace Windu is evil, a traitor, or Mace fell to the dark side threads that i've seen here over the years. If Yoda offed Jango in the same fashion, we would be praising him instead of trying to run him into the ground.

13. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    Mace was a practitioner of vaapaad, a highly aggressive style. He was doing what was needed to take out the ultimate evil: Darth Sidious.

He was not falling to the dark side. He was falling to the pavement of the presidential building's sidewalk.

So, in the immortal words of Mace Windu:

This party's over!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.