main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Mace Windu hate Palpatine deep down?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarkStarkiller, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Actually, we do know. We have Lucas' word and we have common sense. You don't fake getting kicked in the grill.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Like this one?
    [image=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z274/EyeBashBadWriting/NoBoot4You.jpg]

3. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    The lightning isn't what actually pissed him off though, it was the realization that Palpatine let him win the saber-portion of their confrontation.

May I assume that this is an assumption?

None of us really know that Palpatine had allowed Mace to win. Despite the fact that Lucas and Co. has made it clear that Mace was quite capable of facing Palpatine, many fans continue to insist that Mace was out of his depth in compare to Palpatine.

I don't think that Palpatine had faked his defeat. I think that he faked being no longer able to defend himself. He was quite capable of continuing the fight. But when Anakin arrived, he pretended that he was helpless.

4. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    That's how I interpret it as well.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    May I assume that this is an assumption?
    Absolutely. I was beeing cheeky when I wrote that.

And I must say, that after reading more about Vapaad...
    I do not believe that Mace harbored any ill will when he engaged Palpatine.
    But that being said, Vapaad-his chosen style, is what opened him up to taking Palpatine's bait.

Once the lightning had been loosed upon him, Mace Windu lost control of his emotions and went past the point of no return.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    And there you have it.

7. Jedi_of_Valor

Jedi_of_Valor Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2007
    No he didn't. He told Old Spice that he was being arrested. He resisted. He was then subdued. Then he attacked again. Then he was subdued. He was in no way unarmed and Mace knew he was feigning weakness. Old Spice would have fought every inch of the way back to the Jedi Temple. So no he did not attack an unarmed person, and he did it because that is what it would have resulted in on the way back anyways.

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    In combat, Mace was in the thick of it. But he was out of his depth when it came to manipulation and machinations. He was not capable of seeing how bad things really were with Anakin and that was his undoing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.