main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace Windu really defeat Palpatine?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Graves101, May 2, 2013.

1. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I think in a fight Yoda would win, since he has a better mastery of the Force. But if you just make them normal humans in a normal fencing match, I think Windu would win due to his greater strength.

deadly jp likes this.
  2. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    Perhaps. But all jedi use the force when they duel to increase speed and strength. Yoda is a greater force sensitive than Windu. So he can amp his speed and strength in a duel to a much greater degree than Windu can, giving him the win in both a duel and a force battle against Windu. I'm assuming you mean that Yoda would just use some kind of offensive force power like TK to win. I'm saying however, that he does not need to resort to that. He can simply speedblitz him.

These are some people that could at least hold their own against Mace:

"Better than training, the Force is. More than experience or speed it gives."
    And he had given a demonstration. Three members of the council—Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, and Depa Billaba, excellent fighters all—had come forward and attacked him. Master Yoda had not been armed, and had not seemed to move more than a meter or so, his tread slow and measured. Nevertheless, none of the three had been able to lay a finger on him.
    Star Wars: Darth Maul | Shadow Hunter - Michael Reaves​
    He would win in both departments, because of the force amping his speed, yes.

3. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

Judge him by his size, do you? Hmmm? Hmmm? And well you should not.

CommanderDrenn likes this.
  4. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    He has really bad arthritis so without the force he cannot be agile at all IIRC.
    And next time, I think it would sound better if you said that they don't use the force at all. Make Yoda a normal human?! lol

5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    You know what I meant

6. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I assume Palpatine was baiting Anakin. Also seems kind of strange that the "too weak to fight back" Palpatine quickly recovered enough to force lightning Mace off the edge to his doom seconds later. He probably used his full power to kill the other jedi at the start to only leave Windu. Palpatine also waited until Yoda was off-planet to seduce Anakin so Yoda wouldn't be part of the party.

darth ladnar likes this.
  7. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I believe he was too weak when Mace had his sword. Against heavily wounded Mace, yeah I agree he was not ''too weak to fight back.''

Spartan Kobe
    So you came here too huh ? :D Good luck with spreading Mace Windu hate, but these guys are better Star Wars followers so you may fail about your special mission.

deadly jp and DARTHLINK like this.
  8. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Marco1907 - Yeah, it's easy to feel like a badass when your opponent is busy reeling with pain because his hand just got chopped off by who he thought was a fellow Jedi who abruptly entered a dangerous situation.

Darth_Pevra and Erkan12 like this.
  9. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

Look at these picture's, look at palpantines face once mace windu started driving back to the window in the office this is proof why mace won the duel, palpantine got overwhelmed. Especially picture 2 shows that mace was owning palpantine at the end.

Darth_Pevra and Erkan12 like this.
  10. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    I already met one guy who didn't even know what KOTOR stood for, and he had over 3000 posts. XD

I'm honestly already starting to doubt that.

I don't think that Sidious got his scars from the lightning attack btw.I think that that was his true form that he was hiding.

I can get you some quotes if you want. XD

Just like old times. :D

I WILL NOT FAIL!

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    -----------------------------

12. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Who are you talking to? lol

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    It was a rhetorical comment. Let me remind you to avoid comments that may appear to be bashing others.

14. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

All those photos prove is that Palpatine is a good actor who is putting on a performance to convince Mace that he's his equal, and Lucas, himself, states that Palpatine is faking weakness and pretending to lose power when he's using Force lightning against Mace, so it's clear he's putting on an act by the end of their battle.

Now if you want to use photos to argue who won the fight, then this photo has to be the most convincing one:

[​IMG]

All Palpatine has to do is take 1 long step forward with his right leg or do that Force flying spin once more (and his ability to use Force speed might help too) and Mace's heart would be shish kabob!:)

I wish I could find a photo of when Palpatine disarms Yoda with Force lightning too. If you re-watch the film, you'll see that the Force lightning blast he sends at Yoda is brighter, thicker, and more intense than the diffuse lightning he blasts Mace with, and if Palpatine can disarm Yoda, whose midis are higher than Mace's, then if Palpatine wasn't faking weakness, as GL says Palpatine is, then he would've disarmed Mace too.

15. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    You're overlooking the fact that in that photo above, Mace is about to perform the most lethal force power known to exist, the Force Exhale...

The Force Blow just sounds wrong...

darth ladnar likes this.
  16. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    darth ladnar

I believe they are fighting in saber style there, and Windu has the serious upper hand in that situation ;)

Before that move, Windu's move ;

[​IMG]

One move later, we have seen Windu's maneuver, he has the advantage again.

[​IMG]

deadly jp likes this.
  17. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I always thought those faces meant either one of two things

1) adrenaline, he was enjoying the fight too much, he had been waiting to kill some Jedi probably all his Sith life, it was like Christmas day for him and he was opening all his presents

2) distraction technique, making weird faces during a duel is something that would be considered unorthodox in most cases, and quite unique in Martial Art circles, but not unheard of. It's the equivalent of suddenly shouting "Pink Elephant in a banana jumpsuit" to confuse an attacker (a psychological trick that apparently really does work)

if you notice: Palpatine looks rather sloppy with a blade, out of universe this is because McDiarmid was uncomfortable having to do a sword fight, in universe you could (with a bit of imagination) say it's the GFFA's equivalent of "drunken kung fu" (or Zui Quan) but with a lightsaber.

18. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    And this scene is a great example for this matter as well, Sidious was spinning in the air before Anakin came ;

[​IMG]

deadly jp likes this.
  19. awefc

awefc Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2014
    mace windu clearly won. he managed to get darth sidious on the back foot and would have killed him if Anakin wasn't there. he was deflecting the force lightning back at sidious too which was weakening him

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Mace was almost choking on the ozone from his lightsaber because of that lightning attack IIRC.
    And that was his true form. That wasn't him being scarred from the deflection.
    If you want sources I'll go get them...

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Alternatively - Palpatine intentionally lost once Anakin arrived - in order to force Anakin to choose between him - "helpless and cringing" and Mace.

22. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Oh and a good explanation could be that Palps was perhaps using Juyo. It's a lightsaber form that seeks to make erratic movements to try and confuse the opponent.

23. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    True form ? So why not he returns his previous form then ? What is stopping him to do it ?

No, he can't because Mace gave that scars to him.

24. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    "Always two there are"—not only master and apprentice, but persona and true face. Unmasked by deflected lightning during his duel with Mace Windu, the Sith Lord's true face is revealed to the world.
    --Taken from The Complete Visual Dictionary

As often as Plagueis maintained that the Rule of Two had ended with their partnership, the Muun remained the powerful one, and Palpatine the covetous one. Bane’s dictum notwithstanding, denial was still a key factor in Sith training; a key factor in being “broken,” as Plagueis put it—of being shaped by the dark side of the Force. Cruelly, at times, and painfully. But Palpatine was grateful, for the Force had slowly groomed him into a being of dark power and granted him a secret identity, as well. The life he had been leading—as the noble head of House Palpatine, legislator, and most recently ambassador-at-large—was nothing more than the trappings of an alter ego; his wealth, a subterfuge; his handsome face, a mask. In the realm of the Force his thoughts ordered reality, and his dreams prepared the galaxy for monumental change. He was a manifestation of dark purpose, helping to advance the Sith Grand Plan and gradually gaining power over himself so that he might one day—in the words of his Master—be able to gain control over another, then a group of others, then an order, a world, a species, the Republic itself.
    --Taken from Darth Plagueis

"his handsome face, a mask"

Anakin stood just within the office. Motionless. Palpatine examined the damage to his face in a broad expanse of wall mirror. Anakin couldn't tell if his expression might be revulsion, or if this were merely the new shape of his features. Palpatine lifted one tentative hand to the misshapen horror that he now saw in the mirror, then simply shrugged.

"And so the mask becomes the man," he sighed with a hint of philosophical melancholy. "I shall miss the face of Palpatine, I think; but for our purpose, the face of Sidious will serve. Yes, it will serve."
    --Taken from Revenge of the Sith

25. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Lol.

You didn't answered the question.

And those quotes are only metaphors for Sidious's finally revealing himself (as a Sith) to the jedi.

Here is more quotes for Mace deflecting lightning to Sidious's face ;