main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Mace Windu really die?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SLASHAXL, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005
    In ROTS we see mace get his arm cut off and then get blown out the window by lightning. But it could still be possible that he survived.

We know jedi can survive big falls, like in the phantom menace, and yoda in ROTS.

We know Mace was still screaming in pain while in mid air.

We know Mace was one of the most powerful force users in the PT, up there with sidious and Yoda.

We know jedi can still be very powerful after losing a arm ( Anakin).

So is it not possible that he could have survived such a fall, because i didnt see the lightning kill him. I imagined it was the drop that killed him.

I know he didnt appear in the future and that GL said he was killed. But think of the possibility

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
  3. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005
    Please remove one of these, i accidently posted the same topic twice

4. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Hes just pining, pining for the fiords. Beautiful bird, the Norwegian blue. :p

5. windu25

windu25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Yes, Mace is dead.

Mace and Sidious were the opposite sides of a coin with Anakin as the coin tosser.
    Anakin decides the fate of both. Maces' death showed the fall of the Jedi and
    then twenty years later Sidious' death was the Return of the Jedi.

Mace was a cool, one of my favorates but I think "he's dead Jim".

Unless someone put him in carbon freeze.

6. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    if you had your hands chopped off...got electrocuted..and were thrown out of a building that's probably about 3,000 stories tall...and more than likely hit a few speeders on the way down...

hmm..yep he's dead...definetly dead...

7. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I've often imagined this nice family of aliens taking a lovley speeder ride out just after it got dark. Theyre crusing along through the senate district and all of a sudden MACE'S CORPSE FALLS ON THE HOOD OF THEIR SPEEDER!

[image=http://www.dutch-starwars.com/database/personen/pics/cliegg_lars_1.jpg]
    Your mother ****er is dead son... accept it.

8. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Mace died.

He would've came back and fought back with yoda.

he got p'0wned

9. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005

HAHAHA. I always imagined him bouncing off of some Dug's speeder, then maybe bouncing through a restaraunt, getting on a hover tray and falling out the other side of the building. hehehe..though I love mace..he's totally dead.

10. DARTH-FURBABY

DARTH-FURBABY Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    I think we're supposed to believe that Mace died. I also think his 'death' was such as to leave open the possibility of him coming back. After all, both Anakin and OB1 also fell in AOTC, but OB1 was rescued by Anakin and Anakin fell onto Zam's speeder. We may hear at a later date that Mace fell onto someone's speeder and then that someone took Mace to the Star Wars version of a local hospital. Until then, and because of the Jedi Purge (order 66) I think we're supposed to assume that Mace died.

[face_pumpkin]

11. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think Mace's only shot for resurrection would be a Star Wars author doing for him what was done for Boba Fett. I just don't think Fett has a large enough fanbase for that to happen.

12. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    But it did happen with Fett. So it could happen with Mace. It's the EU, they brought freaking Palpatine back and ruined all that ROTJ stood for. then Han goes and shoots him in the back....

I do find it interesting that the Official Site had a poll up asking who thought Mace survived. Curious. But I vote that he's dead. Until revived in the EU during LOTF... lol

13. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    I think its always kinda funny that no matter what he does, his characters always come back in the EU. Boba is thrown into the sarlacc after we are told how horrible it is to be in there and the whole point of the monster is if someone goes down there they arent coming back up. He threw palpatine down a giant reactor shaft and he exploded. He cut maul in half and threw him down a shaft. He cut off jangos head. He fried mace and threw him onto the courcaunt horizon. Yet more then half of these characters have come back in the EU. sigh...

....Why do I love it so much?

14. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    I think Mace's only shot for resurrection would be a Star Wars author doing for him what was done for Boba Fett. I just don't think Fett has a large enough fanbase for that to happen.

Perhaps Weekend at Bernies,...err Maces. We could have Bobba Fett and Aura Sing dragging around the dead Jedi with all sort of hilarioius consequences. :D

15. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Mace Windu is dead, d-e-d-e-d, deded. And unlike Dracula, he cannot come back

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He's not pinin'! He's passed on! This Jedi is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed him to the perch, he'd be pushing up the daisies! His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig! He's kicked the bucket! He's shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-JEDI MASTER!!

:p

No, he's dead. Being blasted by Sidious on top of having his hand cut off, resulted in his death. Unlike Boba Fett, Mace Windu will not be coming back. That was a one-time fluke in eu terms. And aside from a clone of Palpatine and a Darth Maul impersonator, no one has come back from the dead who was officially dead in the films.

17. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    Well, o'course he was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that Jedi down, he would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with his nose, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Well, I'd better replace him, then.

Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of Jedis.

I got a Jabba. :p

18. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    She, err.....he was alive! I felt it!

19. windu25

Jul 24, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....(TAKES A BREATH).....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOO!

20. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

Now,

What reason could there possibly be for him to still be alive from a story standpoint? ...And, don't say "The TV show." You know there's no way Sam Jackson would sign on and commit to a long term sci-fi TV show. He's too big of a star and you couldn't use another actor. It wouldn't work.

21. windu25

Jul 24, 2005
    Maybe if GL does ep. 7-8-9

He could return to help Luke.

22. Darth_Cerus

Darth_Cerus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    JEDI POODOO!

No, I agree. Unless he gets resurected in the EU, and even then, half those stories aren't canon.

That's what SuperShadow says. So it's standard practise to believe the opposite.

23. DarthCarcinus

DarthCarcinus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2006
    Let's look at the biological factors surrounding Windu's death.
    1. He was in physical shock from having his hand cut off.
    2. He was in emotional shock because Anakin was the one who took it off.
    3. He was the victim of electrocution by force lightning. (look what a small dose did to Yoda)
    4. There was no time to recover from the shock to link with the force to recover his fall and land on an oncomming speeder.

So from a medical standpoint.....

YES >>> MACE WINDU IS DEAD.

24. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Lets hope it never EVER comes to that.

25. windu25

Jul 24, 2005
    Why?

You don't want Mace to return or
    you think GL should leave the Star Wars movies alone for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.