main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Mace Windu really die?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SLASHAXL, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    And when exactly was that supposed to happen?

2. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Ok I see where everyone is coming from about Mace being dead. But at least be open minded to my suggestions.

1. Jedi don't die from lightning. I haven't seen a jedi die from it. if that was so, then why didn't sidious just smoke the 3 jedi as they came in the door to arrest him? I don't think that Lightning killed mace.

2. Jedi don't die from falling. Never seen a jedi die from a fall, they are like cats, plus they can control the air around them for a softer fall, much like a plane uses wings to soar. the jedi use the force to make an air bubble around their back, around the cape.

Perhaps Mace is dead, but perhaps he survived and that would be totally cool. plus it would be also cool if he was Lando's father.

3. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Jedi don't die from lightning? Are you crazy? Luke Skywalker was about to be killed by lightning before Vader intervened. The reason that Palpatine didn't blast the Jedi with Force lightning in the Chancellor's office was because you can block lightning with a lightsaber. How can you not think that Palpatine's full powered Force lightning could electrocute Mace?

You could have a case for this, except Mace had his hand cut off, and had taken a ton of Force lightning to the body, with most likely killed him before he ever left the office.

This would not be cool at all.

4. Sinnion

Sinnion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2006

Hey in my Star Wars story it's true! How dare you say it not be cool! Im only kidding but it's funny to think about.

5. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004

Jedi don't die from lightning? Are you crazy? Luke Skywalker was about to be killed by lightning before Vader intervened. The reason that Palpatine didn't blast the Jedi with Force lightning in the Chancellor's office was because you can block lightning with a lightsaber. How can you not think that Palpatine's full powered Force lightning could electrocute Mace?

Luke was being fried for like 2 minutes or so and he was still alive. It was very hard for the Emperor to kill luke with lightning, So I don't see where you are coming from this. Mace blocked the fire and was shocked for about 5 seconds and then it went away. You can see the lightning leave his face when he is seen flying out the window, like 20 ft away from it. The lightning didnt kill Mace, I can safely guarantee that. I am 100% sure he is still alive when he is falling. So, I don't think that he was instantly killed by lighiting in 3 seconds.

You could have a case for this, except Mace had his hand cut off, and had taken a ton of Force lightning to the body, with most likely killed him before he ever left the office.

Yes, He lost his hand, but that has nothing to do with his feet. to land on. Like someone said, he could have fallen on a speeder or rooftop. it's all very possible.

6. JHQui-gon101

JHQui-gon101 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2006
    I Like your icon :)

7. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005

EXACTLY. There are plenty of times when we could have seen Mace's force ghost. Especially at the end of Episode 6.

8. MASTER_DOODOO

Mar 15, 2005

This is the funniest thing I've seen on the boards, yet. Ha ha ha ha ha ha

"That would be pretty cool."

"No."

ha ha ha ha

9. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    Maace Windu, people!

10. MASTER_DOODOO

Mar 15, 2005
    Exactly. He aint dead. He's the best Jedi Master, and lightning and a fall killed him? No way.

11. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Luke was being fried for like 2 minutes or so and he was still alive. It was very hard for the Emperor to kill luke with lightning, So I don't see where you are coming from this. Mace blocked the fire and was shocked for about 5 seconds and then it went away. You can see the lightning leave his face when he is seen flying out the window, like 20 ft away from it. The lightning didnt kill Mace, I can safely guarantee that. I am 100% sure he is still alive when he is falling. So, I don't think that he was instantly killed by lighiting in 3 seconds.

Palpatine was turturing Luke in RotJ. He hadn't released his full power on Luke yet, because he was angery that Luke had not turned. But as you can see from the movie, Luke was going to die from Palpatine's lightning:

Palpatine: Now, young Skywalker, you will die...

Jedi can die from lightning.

Yes, He lost his hand, but that has nothing to do with his feet. to land on. Like someone said, he could have fallen on a speeder or rooftop. it's all very possible.

Yes, his dead body could could have landed on a speeder or the ground. But he's not alive. The RotS novel says: "Mace took Palpatine's full hate right on. He fell forever."

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Palpatine was indeed torturing Luke with the Lightning. He was punishing him for defying him. That's why he says what he says. "Now, young Skywalker, you will die." Then it intensifies. It even says so in the script.

Although it would not have seemed possible, the outpouring of bolts from the Emperor's fingers actually increases in intensity, the sound screaming through the room. Luke's body writhes in pain.

Sith Lightning can kill, based on the intensity of the blast. We just didn't see Luke die because his father saved him. In the case of Mace Windu, Palpatine was not holding back both times he blasted Mace. The second time was fatal, because you can see his skull. And the last time we saw someone's skull while this was happening, was when Darth Vader saved Luke's life. Right before being fatally injured as a result and thus dying a few minutes later.

And while in a normal situation a Jedi can survive a fall, this is not a normal situation. He's being killed by Palpatine. Unlike all the other times, this was a fatal fall. Mace has to die in order for the betrayal to be real. It undermines everything if he is alive. Mace's death is of higher importance that Boba Fett's.

13. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    Personally I say Mace survived. I don't care what other people say Mace lived and that's that. :p

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    G-d, is this debate STILL going on???

Mace is dead. He was hit with Sith lightening, lost his hand to Anakin's lightsaber and was thrown out a window. The Ep.II novel states very clearly that even an unharmed Jedi could not survive a fall like Mace's.The AOTC novel makes it very clear that Obi-wan would have died unless Anakin had shown up with the stolen speeder.

15. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    He's dead.

16. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
  17. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    Alright, he's dead then.

the end.

18. JediAJ

JediAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 23, 2004

... is he?... Is he really? I need Proof... I must see the body... then and only then will I believe it...

...until I see the body he is only MIA.

[face_mischief]

19. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    But RS and DS already said he is dead, So I respect that.

20. JediAJ

JediAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 23, 2004
    Was pulling your leg SWA... note the mischief face.

I know he's dead... was just trying to liven the debate a little.

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No, we're repeating what Lucas has told us. What Sam Jackson has told us. What Rick McCallum told us. In fact, we just got told in Star Wars Insider 91 that in the live action series, none of the major characters from the films will be involved. Mace is a major character. It'll focus more on Rebel and Imperial pilots. I've also told you and others than Lucasbooks has a policy put into place regarding resurrections. Only two people have officially ever been resurrected. The third has been retconned into it being an impersonator, brainwashed into thinking he was the real deal. Obi-wan, Qui-gon, Yoda, Ki-Adi and the others are still dead. Same with Padme and Jango. Jabba and Nute.

22. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Is Ki-Adi dead?:_|
    Why didn't anyone ever tell me?:_|

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003

Bingo!

X-Ray vision in a Star Wars movie = death!!

All jokes aside, I believe Mace was dead before he hit the ground.
    Forget the fall, he got unloaded-on by Palpatine, who hit him with everything he had.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I know that Boba Fett was one, but who were the other two?

25. JAWA64

JAWA64 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Ok, say he survived the lightningand grabbed onto or landed on a speeder. He would either:
    1. Go to a hospital, be recognized, clones come and kill him
    2. arm falls off when he tries to grab on
    3.Lighntning still gonig through his body destroys the speeder, mace and driver fall forever
    4.knock the speeder or shock the driver enough so that it crashes
    5.falls on the speeder of a friendly senstor with a mattress on the roofthat absorbs electricity, isn't recognized at all all the way off coruscant, and learns to avoid detection by Yoda because he thinks its Sideous.
    Unless Mace is incredibly lucky, smart, and has bouts of stupidity, he's dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.