main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace Windu survive? Did other Council members survive Order 66?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthTalonx, Nov 24, 2014.

1. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    That's a point. It would be cool to see him return and be a Council member to pass on the wisdom of the old Order.

2. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Well, it could be that Yoda didn't speak of Mace because he didn't want Luke to use his valuable time in finding Mace, over defeating the Empire.

That would be a cool line, though it seems a little cliche. :p

DarthTalonx likes this.
  3. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    As far as movies go, Windu did not survive. Yoda survived as well as Kenobi. All other sources of other Jedi surviving across the galaxy is EU, and personally I enjoy focusing strictly on what the moves have to say and what is shown through them.

For this reason I do not enjoy the EU t.v. shows. They screw up the story that the movies have to offer the audience.

I sure hope this does not happen.

_Sublime_Skywalker_ likes this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I suppose it is technically possible Mace survived but I hope not. It would really take away the emotional impact of that scene in ROTS and even while possible is still far fetched enough that I don't want to see it.

5. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    Exactly. The rest of the movie and all of the emotional ties it has sort of falls apart if certain characters (Mace being one of them) survived the Jedi Purge. Apart from the EU, the movies tell a magnificent story. With the EU, the movies and their story get twisted.

DarthTalonx and cubman987 like this.
  6. Commander Krix

Mar 18, 2013
    It was much easier to bring back Maul, no one really had sorrowful feelings for his "death." Versus Mace, bringing him back just by the demands of fans, won't really work. That'll include the fact that folks were emotionally affected in that scene. Not trying to say I don't want him back, but he's better off dead than alive. As far as thinking they'll bring him back, it's easier said than done.

cubman987 likes this.
  7. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    That's a good point. It is an emotional part of the film. The last stand of the Jedi if you like. To know that they were so close in stopping evil from taking over. Oh what might have been!

cubman987 likes this.
  8. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Point taken. I guess we could see him in a spin off film series.

Commander Krix likes this.
  9. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    What if they created an alternate ending film. Episode 3.5, if Windu succeeded, or felt that Anakin might intervene, so cut off Anakin's hand and then killed Palpatine.

10. Commander Krix

Mar 18, 2013
    Agreed.

That would be interesting, or perhaps deleted scenes?

DarthTalonx likes this.
  11. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I think the intention was that Mace was killed. But then again, I assumed that getting cut in half and falling down a shaft was usually fatal too. :) I mean, I like Maul, but FFS, he was dead, Dead, DEAD. So who knows. Maybe Mace made it. :)

12. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Personally, I think SW Rebels is pretty damned good, and if they do things right, they shouldn't need such an event. But there are already strong hints that Ahsoka Tano will show up in Rebels at some point. Some think she already has. It make sense to me that a few Jedi survived. After all, there were 10,000 of them, and not all of them would have been completely vulnerable at the time the order came down. And, of course, we know that Vader hunted down and killed many of them, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that some could have remained hidden and even "renounced" the force in order to avoid detection.

13. Commander Krix

Mar 18, 2013
    Just want to note on your posts. Try using the edit feature at the bottom of your posts to avoid doubling up. :)

DarthTalonx and Darth Dominikkus like this.
  14. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I haven't given Rebels a chance yet, so I'm uninformed as to what they have hinted at or what they have in store for the viewers. You reasoning is legitimate about the 10,000 Jedi having more than just a handful of survivors. It makes sense that not all of them would have been eradicated during the Purge.

15. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Agreed. It is looking good.

Would be great if Aayla had survived.

16. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Star Wars the Rise of Darth Vader talks about some Jedi who manage to survive Order 66 and how Vader starts to hunt them down.

17. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    "...Vader starts to hunt them down." to me refers to The Force Unleashed and how Vader found Starkiller as his temporary apprentice to kill these few Jedi that survived Order 66.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  18. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    N

Not sure about the Force Unleashed. The story could have been better. In any case, neither are now official canon.

Star Wars Rebels looks interesting.

Would like to see a set of films about the Great Jedi Purge or as Obi Wan in ANH puts it, how Vader "helped hunt down the Jedi Knights".

Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  19. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000

Even if PalpSidious survived that fall, I doubt that he had enough time to find a way out of the reactor before the Death Star exploded which means he's still dead.

20. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    He may be dead, but his spirit lives on ;)

21. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    If we go by TCW continuity, any dead character could be brought back, with any sort of ridiculous excuse. If there is any confusion, that is my point.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  22. Mr. Loth Cat

Mr. Loth Cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 4, 2015
    I'm just going to hop into this forum and leave my 2 cents here:
    I don't believe Windu died. Firstly, the Sith lightening is quite survivable. Luke survived it in episode 6, so it's not a stretch to believe that so did Windu, who I'm sure is a much more capable Jedi that Luke anyways. After being slammed wth the lightening, Windu falls out of the window (there's a pun to be made there, I'm sure) and then his death is implied offscreen. However, falling out a window on Couruscant is hardly a death sentance. It's unlikely that Windu could have fallen straight to the ground without hitting a single speeder. In fact, it's nearly impossible to NOT hit a speeder. Like I said before, Windu is a capable Jedi, so I feel like he could recover from the lightening at least long enough to grab a hold on or land on a speeder. Then, he rides away into the glorious sunrise with his head shining like the top of the Senate building. No but seriously, then if he survived, he would be able to escape Order 66 quite easily, considering he is already assumed dead, he is not at the Temple, and he is not with any clones. Tada! Just my opinion.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Anakin survived losing half his body, and an arm, and was then burned all over. Sure, he came back as Vader in a cumersome suit, but at least he survived. Mace's injuries seem trivial in comparison.

24. Commander Krix

Mar 18, 2013
    Mr. Loth Cat

I like your opinion, and I'm not arguing your opinion when I say this.. and I read through this and I'm quite surprised it didn't show up, but wouldn't be likely that he may have died during the Great Jedi Purge shortly after the GCW started? The reason I say this is because the Jedi Purge took place in the early battles of the GCW. I just thought I'd take it as an option of Mace's death.

25. Mr. Loth Cat

Mr. Loth Cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 4, 2015
    Good point! Yeah, it's pretty likely that he died in the purge after :p
    But, with this reasoning, it is possible he survived the initial Order 66... What happened to him after is a mystery...