main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace Windu survive? Did other Council members survive Order 66?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthTalonx, Nov 24, 2014.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Disney needs to make another prequel and rename the first three episodes: Prologue, I and II. Make a new movie called episode III and bring back Ewan McGregor and Samuel L. Jackson to reprise their roles. Yes, it's possible that Mace Windu might have lived. It isn't too farfetched, really. Yoda isn't needed, really. He should remain the last vestige of hope. They could make this movie to better explain the events of the prequels, too. Things like who and what the remaining Jedi did to bring things under their control again could be delved into. I'm sure there were some that tried. The Clone production and why it had to be stopped. Maybe the last Jedi had something to do with it? The possibility that Mace Windu might have survived could be another way to continue the story, as well. Especially if Obi-Wan finds out that he did, and as a last ditch effort to bring down Vader and Palpatine's empire, he decides to also come out of hiding. You could bring back Boba Fett and the Mandalorians. Maybe they want this growth accelerated cloning technology for themselves and hope to stop the Jedi from destroying it. Not to mention, Darth Vader hunting down the Jedi Knights on screen would be epic. So many possibilities...

I think with a good director, we would get a fantastic conclusion to a storyline that needed more fleshing out. At least it would be better and more relevant to the saga than a bunch of spinoff films that nobody will probably care about after a few years or so, anyway. :)

2. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Either way, I want to see a body before I consider this resolved....

3. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Odd still how Mace Windu couldn't apply Tutaminis or such when he was blasted by the Sith Lightning eh? I mean yes it was painful and shocking when he had his Lightsaber hand sliced off but yet when Palpatine subjected him to a full vamped up blast or raw Sith Lightning ... yet he couldn't apply any Tutaminis at all and was completely 100% helpless from the Sith Lightning considering Mace Windu's Jedi Powers and such ... yet only Master Yoda could do so in the film ... I mean in the EU Galen Marek could also but it was to him like then 'a star burning in his heart...'

4. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Not that odd really. For one thing, quite apart from the physical shock of having his hand chopped off there was the shock of having the Chosen One himself betray you like that and he was already weary from the fight and his earlier attempts to deflect the lightning from Sidious. If you go by the 'Sidious threw the fight' theory it's also possible he hadn't actually had to face it's full power before and wasn't ready for it. Power-wise Sidious is meant to be pretty much a level above everyone (even Anakin isn't on his level YET - he tells Yoda 'Vader will grow more powerful than either of us') which puts him above Mace in terms of raw power.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. PHIERY

PHIERY Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    I still think carbon freezing is the way to bring mace back.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  6. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Well I've seen something on deviantArt of a mace windu artwork someone made of him if he did survive:) And in "Star Wars Rebels" I'm just hoping they make that come true[face_praying] Also according to "The Force Unleashed" Shakk Ti WAS one of the council memebers who survived Order 66.

7. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes, I get that it is shock and Sidious has raw power, but the film makes it clear that Mace bests Sidious. I think Sidious is certainly surprised and utilizes the situation like the master politician he is and has been doing for years. I don't think either of them sense Anakin approaching until he is there, but Sidious uses his presence much better than the Jedi Master. I think it is nice to have that happen and it is a surprise for the audience who know what happens in Episodes 4 to 6, as it seems like the Jedi are about to win. It also makes it all the more of a betrayal by Anakin and of the entire Jedi Order that Master Windu be let down at the last moment, when had he been allowed to do what he was doing, he and the Jedi would have prevailed.

Windu is better at lightsaber combat, but Sidious is much more powerful in the force, something even Yoda underestimates to some extent. With Yoda, I think he was unlucky or the Force was not with the Jedi at that point. When Sidious fell, he was fortunate to fall onto a pod with a railing, but Yoda being lighter was blasted into the Imperial/Chancellory pod and fell somewhere with no railings and above a steep fall.

I do feel like the fight between the 4 Jedi masters and Sidious could have been better choreographed. E.g. Sidious jumps to attack with one lightsaber, whilst another shoots out of his statues in the office killing one Jedi. Then Sidious swirls as he lands to kill another whilst catching his other lightsaber. Now he has two.Now Mace and Kit engage like in the film and Kit manages to parry one saber to the floor of the office when Sidious swipes him with the other. But he doesn't manage to retrieve the second lightsaber and the fight continues as normal. This second lightsaber is then the one he later uses against Yoda (since the other lightsaber is kicked out to the cityscape below by Mace later in the fight.

It would be nice to see Mace back to see the dynamic between Jedi of old and new. Please no Episode 7 spoilers, not even from the trailer!!!!!

Yes I think it would be great to see them do this. Perfection and a nice surprise which would be plausible.

It would be nice, but if it happened then Mace would have to die as we don't see him in the new films. I would like to see him come back in Episodes 8 to 9. Please no Episode 7 spoilers. I haven't seen the trailer either yet, so please don't bring that up!!

Rebels looks good though. Loved the Season 2 first film. I think Rebels is now canon over Force Unleashed, so I'm not sure whether Shaak Ti does live, but I must say I don't see her being beaten by Marek (who wasn't as powerful as Vader) given Shaak Ti was quite strong in the Force, perhaps fifth or sixth in power on the council.

Also bring back Aayla Secura from Clone Wars... she was awesome!!

8. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Reviving characters rarely works in my mind and I highly doubt it would work in Windu's case. He's not Gandalf.

Mace pretty much has no affiliation with people in the Episode VII time period, so I don't know what purpose he would serve other than bringing back the familiar face of Samuel L. Jackson. The Star Wars universe has so much more to offer, which is why I'd rather see completely new characters.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Mace won't be back because Jedi don't fight fate to avoid death like a Sith would.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

10. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Well i'm still hoping it does happen in SW Rebels. Also I TOO loved that Season 2 premiere=D= and I still think that those Rebel cells are the "Rebel Alliance" in its beginning period (like not so big yet) since sometime after what happened in "The Force Unleashed 1".

DarthTalonx likes this.
  11. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I think Mace had the perfect death for his character.Caught between the two most powerful Sith. To bring him back only cheapens it.

It's different than Maul/Boba Fett,who both pretty much went out like chumps.

Alienware likes this.
  12. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    The only thing is it would provide an interesting dynamic to have a carbon frozen Mace come back and have to fit in to the ideals of a new Jedi order. His ways versus Luke's ways I guess. Plus he was pretty cool.

Yeah Mace went out fighting and it was a pivotal moment in the film, the turning point in the entire saga where darkness triumphed. I like the fact that he had Palpatine and the Jedi were about to win, and then they were betrayed by Anakin.

But it could be interesting to see him unfrozen from carbonite and have him conflict with the ideals of the new Jedi order maybe, and maybe have him going out fighting on the battlefield like Master Ima Gun Di.

Obi-John Kenobi likes this.
  13. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Mace's death was the point where the baddies basically won. If he'd killed/arrested/stopped Palpatine then it would have been a very costly victory, but a victory. But Anakin chose Palpatine over the Jedi, Mace went splat, the galaxy was done for pretty much. Bringing him back would just cheapen that. Besides, if he DID come back they would have to find another reason/excuse for one of the most powerful and dangerous Jedi of his generation to suddenly not be around any more in the OT era. Mace is not some Padawan gone rogue like Ahsoka, or a middleweight force using no-name like Kanan and Ezra. He's THE Jedi Grandmaster. The biggest, baddest, bossest Jedi around (except maybe Yoda.) There is no way Palpatine and Vader would just let him run around the Galaxy doing his thing. He'd have to be got rid of.

And if he's only going to be disposed of anyway then why bother bringing him back at all when his story and his relevance are both so neatly sewn up already?

14. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes I agree it was a pivotal moment in the entire saga, the point at which when the Jedi were about to win through Mace, Anakin betrays the Jedi Order.

Also agreed, it couldn't be a cheap comeback, and he certainly would not have sat around the entire OT era. I thought that could be explained by him having been found and frozen in a prototype experimental carbonite all this time and then discovered and unfrozen in the new films.

But agreed, it should only be done in a way that would boost the new stories, perhaps by Mace being at conflict with the new Jedi's ways which would be an interesting dynamic. But totally agree, that Mace shouldn't just appear in Star Wars Rebels if he is just someone who sits around. He most likely would know who Vader is as well, given his close participation in events.

15. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    But how would his being frozen/unfrozen progress the story forwards at all? What possible relevance does he have any more? His story has been told. His plot is complete. Bringing him back would serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever except a few fans going 'oh cool, it's Mace' - and then killing him, again. His coming back would NOT boost any stories. If he sits around... then what was the point. If he suddenly appears and starts prodding serious buttock... then it's at the expense of our brand new characters that this show was originally supposed to be all about.

Ahsoka I don't particularly care for but she WAS Vader's own apprentice so at least has relevance there. Mace doesn't. He's a spent force. If they decide to go back and retell more Mace Windu stories in the prequel era then I am okay with that, if those stories are as good as Shatterpoint I will be the first to read them. But bringing him back into Rebels? No. Never. Terrible, terrible idea.

16. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    I'm not suggesting bringing him into Rebels in any way whatsoever. I think that would be terrible.

I think the new films he could have some uses. To see him come back and interact with the new Jedi order would be interesting since he is a Jedi of old. If he had to die, then maybe he could become a Force ghost at that point.

But to be clear, it would have to be a return (via unfreezing) in the films or a spin off. And it would have to link to the main story of the films. It could be interesting.

17. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    My mistake then, I misunderstood you. I still remain unconvinced he'd be particularly relevant or even useful to the new films either but a brief appearance as a force ghost or a hologram message or something similar wouldn't be an irredeemably bad idea I guess. But I can't see someone so intrinsically tied to the clone wars serving much point in the actual plot of stories set so many decades later on with no real plot or character links.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  18. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    If they can bring Maul back for TCW, they could definitely bring Mace back for Rebels if they wanted to do that.

In fact, if Maul can survive being sliced in half, then anyone could survive almost anything if the plot called for it.

Either way though, if he did survive, he didn't do anything significant.

19. Defensor

Defensor Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 23, 2015
    I`d rather Mace stayed dead.

Just like Darth Maul, whom I prefer sliced up and dead in TPM, where he belongs.

DarthTalonx and Lady_Misty like this.
  20. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    There's nothing wrong with a clone of Mace Windu. The Empire clones him knowing he is dead, gives him false memories that he is an enemy of the Empire and openly attacks it just to appear in propaganda footage perpetuating that the Jedi still exist and seek to overthrow the security still.

21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    The only way to bring him back would be to make him the new canon equivalent of Joruus C'baoth. Otherwise, rest in peace, Master Windu.

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Maul survived due to strength in the dark side and his will to survive. Not just anyone can manage that.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Darth Maul is powerful in the dark side, yes, but. Actually, I have to change my response.

You know, I was going to say being cut in half is remarkably fatal,
    but apparently that's not always the case.

I just looked up on Google that this person named Truman Duncan survived being severed in half by a train... Perhaps Maul's survival is not as far-ferched as it had seemed then

rumsmuggler and Iron_lord like this.
  24. darksideDINO

darksideDINO Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2015
    I Are The Internets, who so eloquently put it... 'Mace Windu is hiding in C3PO.' Don't think I've stopped laughing since... surely there's bonus points? Or there should be for comment of the year!

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually, I think that's an old fan theory from way back when. Along with "Padme is living inside R2".