main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace Windu survive? Did other Council members survive Order 66?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthTalonx, Nov 24, 2014.

1. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I guess the best thing is for them both to have been as awesome as they were in the films and to have gone out with a bang as they did in the films. Any offscreen (as in non movie) material about them should show their awesomeness before their on screen death, and they only be brought back in a movie that relates to the overall saga or in a spinoff.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The thing about that is that non movie material is on the same level as the movies now, but I more or less agree with your view.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

DarthTalonx likes this.
  3. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    So.....we could make a argument that Dooku is alive too, right?

Defensor and DarthTalonx like this.
  4. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Lol...

No.

5. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Lol exactly right?! If Dooku is dead, then so is Maul in TPM!

So Maul must be completely dead - he is sliced in two as was Dooku

6. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Dooku was decapitated, Maul wasn't.

7. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Maul was sliced in two, how can he survive that?! Personally I think it best if he simply died in TPM, then his character has dignity. Off movie screen stories about him or on screen should be about him before the events of TPM.

jc1138 and whostheBossk like this.
  8. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I think that question was answered already and you already told me your views on his death. You are welcome to your thoughts and views, but it doesn't change the fact that he survived.

Not much left I can say on the matter without taking the thread even further off topic.

9. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes he survived if Clone Wars is canon. It's a shame, I think it cheapens the character, but by Maul surviving, then Windu would survive, since he was never chopped into two. Tbh if Maul lives then, even Stass Alie, Duchess Satine, Savage, and nearly all Jedi survive because they were never decapitated lol.

I think bringing back Maul after the TPM instead of a flashback or prequel was a big mistake. But this thread was meant to be about Windu and a way to bring him back. I wouldn't suggest any Talzin stuff for Windu as it would cheapen the character.

10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Clone Wars is canon. Everything else you wrote is pretty hilarious considering Jedi don't use the dark side to cheat death, Savage was an amateur, and Satine is a normal human.

11. Defensor

Defensor Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 23, 2015

By this line of thinking, Lucas could decide to bring back Dooku, and his manner of death wouldn`t mean much either.

I think that as soon as Disney finds it in their best interest to contradict events shown on TV, they will.

12. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Lol completely agree!

Agreed. Dooku and Maul are dead. There is no cheating death, either a character lives or doesn't. If he isn't dead, it is down to a believable and legitimate way of surviving like Luke at Bespin or Darth Vader being rescued just in time from Mustafar. If Anakin had been chopped in half at that point, he would be dead no question, but he wasn't unlike Maul!

Windu was not chopped in half and would survive only if he was lucky enough to fall somewhere safe like Luke did and be rescued as Luke was. If Windu had been cut in half, then no survival, but right now it is more plausible that Windu could have survived than Maul or Dooku.

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    'Cough'Vader was also cut in half'Cough'

14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Not exactly. Only his limbs were severed. He didn't lose any vital organs and due to the lightsaber's implied heat, all wounds were cauterized, nullifying the risk of bleeding out

Maul was bisected a bit above the waist. That would result in horrible damage to the digestive system and completely eliminate another system below the belt, along with likely damaging or removing his pancreas and kidneys. Not to mention it would be impossible to.... well, excrete wastes. No idea how he survived for a decade with no way to get rid of whatever he ate or drank

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In The Sith Hunters he goes into hibernation trance after being decanted into a cylinder full of water and sent to that junk planet. On planet, he uses telekinesis to create that artificial lower body from junk. I would guess that, in the process, the cauterised intestines were opened, plugged into metal piping, and so forth.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    In my own head cannon, Oppo Rancisis and a few padawans survived. I know folks have pointed out Oppo perished when I've mentioned it before, but for me he's still slithering around somewhere.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Given the newcanon changes (Quinlan Vos's story seems to be very different in Dark Disciple, for example) - maybe Oppo's story will be different as well?

Jedi Knight Fett and Master_Lok like this.
  18. Defensor

Defensor Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 23, 2015
    Oppo dies during the Clone Wars. That's not due to headcanon or attachment to previous canon, but it's a logical conclusion that stems from the fact that he doesn't appear in ROTS. We can discuss how he dies, if you wish. Maybe in newcanon Dooku can end him.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  19. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Exactly. With Windu and Luke falling, there is ambiguity and a possible way to survive (falling to an airvent or repulsor craft). They are relatively still in tact and even Luke survives Palpatine's lightning.

But Maul being sliced in two would be instant death much like Dooku being killed. Maul would die of severe shock within a minute.

Agreed, Maul should be dead. There is no way to survive that. Falling is ambiguous (Luke and Windu). Being chopped in half is pretty final.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There was Maw in the Dark Forces: Jedi Knight game and novel.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  21. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Yep. He got over his injury well and mastered force flight as well.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I think Ideally no, there are too many Jedi alive as is I think, and not enough victims.

I know a holocron in a comic showed Shaak Ti discussing the Jedi's destruction but its my head canon that she recorded that during Operation Knightfall and tossed it out of the window to be retrieved by Hutt goons. :D

May seem unlikely but it works for me, and it is what I will cling to until it is contradicted by a canon source. ;)

23. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...eorge-lucas-agree-star-wars-mace-windu-lives/

Interesting article where Jackson elaborates on his belief that Mace lives. And for the first time, we hear that George Lucas gives his approval. What we have here is almost exactly what we had with Darth Maul; for all intents and purposes, the character dies onscreen. But that doesn't rule out the possibility of the character returning in some realm.

24. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Maybe no one should die in a Star Wars movie. Since so many fans want Mace alive now along with Maul, Boba & other characters. Maybe even Count Dooku's head is still alive too.

25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    You know, it’s a trend in the franchise to have characters ‘come back from the dead’, such as Boba Fett and Darth Maul. But Windu on the run, hiding away like Yoda, would actually make for a badass comic arc. Sneaking around and such. I'd buy it in a second.