main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Obi-Wan adjust well?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth-DeathStick, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005
    What gets me about Obi-wan is the fact that in ANH he looks so weak and feeble, while many others like Count Dooku and Yoda stayed powerful with age.

I mean if Dooku had confront Darth Vader, do you really see him fighting like that. But saying that Vader was also limited, perhaps they were wary off each other after the first fight.

As for living on his own, Luke knew old Ben Kenobi, so he must have been well known. He was there initially to protect luke, but after a 10 years he probably figured the empire would not find luke or couldnt sense him. So kept a much lower profile.

2. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Actually, Qui-gonn's ghost accompanied him...

Yoda tells him of this at the end of Ep. 3

3. JAWA64

JAWA64 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 20, 2006
    I hardly think Obi was a heavy drinker. For 1 thing it's not something a jedi would do and for another woudln't he have gotten a drink or 2 at the cantina? I don't think Jawa Juice is alcaholic.

Obi Wan probably had a little difficulty adjusting, but not too much. In ROTS he goes to Utapau which probably wasn't as good as Coruscant, he hid out on Geonosis for I think a few days, and tons of worse places in EU.He probably got money from sabaac, seling droids to the jawas, reward for saving moisture farms from tuskens, ETC.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Obi-wan has been on dozens of planets in his 38 years, prior to going into exile. So he knows how to adjust to his surroundings. Blending in and effectively disappearing.

5. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004

QFT. I think that pretty much sums it up. Obi-Wan's training and instincts serve him well enough to blend in with the highly diverse Tatooine population. Besides, no one asks that many questions on Tatooine.

6. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I don't think he did. Kenobi seemed to adjust to different situations just fine. Let us not forget he was in training during this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.