main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Obi-Wan knew about Anakins and Padmes marrige?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthLegion012, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    I dunno. Mace Windu as portrayed by Sam Jackson is sometimes very good and sometimes makes me feel were are talkin' about Shaft. It's the problem with seeing actors in a few others movies before taking up their Star Wars roles. If it makes you feel better, during the Coruscant chase with Obi-Wan and Anakin I always play one of the Trainspotting songs inside my head and wonder when Obi-Wan will go hit himself up with some sweet H. Hell, even with the voice of James Earl Jones I sometimes think Luke is going to fulfill the prophecy by taking Vader to a Baseball game.

Carnage

2. Darthgordon

Darthgordon Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I assumed that he knew they were together. I assumed Yoda had a pretty good idea too. Yoda wasn't sure, Obi-wan looked the other way b/c of his friendship w/ Anakin. I'm sure someone noticed that Anakin wasn't sleeping at the Jedi temple when ever he was on Coruscant. But I doubt that anyone knew that Anakin and Padme had a marriage ceremony.

3. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    I would hope that someone would notice that the Chosen One is never around after 9 PM! Lol.

Anakin staying at padme's place was silly. And no one being able to sense his feelings for her is even sillier. Why would he be allowed to stay over a woman's house? He made it clear from the onset in AOTC that he was lusting for Padme. He openly tries to mack her in front of his master. He even tells him that he can't stop thinking of her.

Then at the end of the film, after he blows the duel with Dooku and has defied numerous orders from the Masters, they reward him with a trip to Naboo with his girl! They were basically his wingmen.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Obi-wan had, as did a number of Padawans at the Temple. It was no secret.

Why? Gotta go somewhere to be with his wife.

He was capable of hiding his feelings from everyone except Obi-wan, who could get past his defenses and sense the truth.

The Council didn't send Anakin back to Naboo. Obi-wan did. He knew. Mace didn't know, which is why he asked where Anakin was. Obi-wan knew they were on Naboo by now and he knew of their feelings. But since the Jedi Council has no problem letting Jedi have intimate relationships with someone, it wasn't going to come out. What the Council did take issue with was getting married. This is why Obi-wan covered for Anakin for three years. Even when he finally told Padme he knew, he said that he would not turn them in.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Sinister is correct. There is no doubt that Obi-wan knew. He even says so in the Ep.III novel. He says "I have pretended ignorance for Anakin's sake," or words to that effect. He also drops a little hint in Labyrinth of Evil when he jokes with Anakin asking. "There's a girl, isn't there?" As for whether the Council knew, I don't know about the Council as a whole, but I think that Yoda may have at least suspected since he assigned Anakin to serve under Master Neja Halcyon on Praesitlyn in Jedi Trail and Master Halcyon was also married with a child. That can't be coincidence. I would also go so far as to say that Mace didn't know what was going on with Padme and Anakin since the Ep.III novel says that he never though to look for Anakin's shatterpoint.

6. DarthIntimidus

DarthIntimidus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 8, 2003
    When Anakin has his sit-down with Yoda about his disturbing nightmares, Yoda would have to be truly dense to not figure out he is referring to Padme.

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Actually, he thought it was about Obi-wan.

8. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    I was just kidding in my original post. I wouldn't have Mace say that. That would be....just....scary. [face_plain]
    Now Yoda on the other hand.....[face_thinking]

Yeah.....I can see Yoda saying that. [face_mischief]

JUST KIDDING!! ;) [face_worried] O:)

Edit:

Oh yeah, and Sinister is right. Yoda thought the nightmares were about Obi-Wan.

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    As I said, I don't think he knows but it wouldn't surprise if he suspected and yes I could also see where he would think that dreams are about Obi-wan.

10. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yeah, Obiwan knew.

To be honest, I don't know how half of Coruscant didn't, with the way Anakin and Padme stood on wide open balconies in her Senate residence in their pajamas.:rolleyes:

If we're going into the EU...in Obsession he decides to interrupt Anakin's leave to get Anakin to join him in hunting Asajj - he knows right where to find him: on Naboo. Obiwan lands in Padme's backyard, and when Anakin questions how Obiwan knew where he was, Kenobi says something like 'Every Padawan in the Temple knows where to find you, Anakin.'

11. NATIONALGREATNESS

NATIONALGREATNESS Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2006
    Sorry for laughing, but this thread is cracking me up. [face_laugh] I know it is supposed to be a serious subject, but when I see these kinds of posts:

ROFL! [face_laugh]

I can't help finding this implication incredibly funny, even though it was obviously a joke. :p

But anyway, on a more serious note: Yes, it is probable that Obi-Wan did know but kept it secret from the Council because he cared about both of them.

But yeah, the Idea of Mace talking about Padme's booty(let alone Anakin's booty [face_sick] )is pretty creepy. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.