main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Padme, Bail and Mothma realize Palpatine was behind the CIS?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Slowpokeking, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    The Jedi figured it out when Sidious revealed himself, but did Padme, Bail and Mothma know it? If they do, they could try to collect evidence against him.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think it's a bit simplistic to simply say Sidious was behind the CIS. It seems to imply belief it wouldn't exist but for him, which I don't agree with. Did they know for certain, I doubt it. Suspect it, likely.

3. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Nah, they just thought he was at worst power-hungry and opportunistically using the war to his own advantage.

If they had tried to collect or present evidence against him, I imagine they would have met their ends quickly in unfortunate accidents.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Obi Wan told Padme that Palpatine was the Sith lord they've been looking for and was behind the war. I would like to think that Yoda and Obi Wan told Bail, and then he would eventually tell Mothma since they were some of the founders of the rebellion. Collecting evidence would be helpful, but I doubt it would have made much difference after he declared himself emperor and declared the Jedi traitors to be hunted down. They would most likely get killed in some unfortuate accidents.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I think Bail knew after Palpaltine turned the Republic into the Empire. Im curious what was Palpatine's, Tarkin n Bails relationships like after ROTS n before ANH. Tarkin seemed to have no issue blasting Bail n his planet to bits. Its almost as if he enjoyed it. Im also curious how many separatists joined the rebellion after some time too. Their may have been planets or systems that just didnt agree with Palpatine when he was Chancellor n hated him more as an Emperor.

6. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Padme knew, Obi-Wan tells her before he goes to fight Anakin, Bail Organa almost certainly knew, it's kind of implied since he was Yoda's backup during the assassination attempt on Sidious.

I don't know how much evidence they would be able to come up with, or if it would help at all at that point.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    The existence of Sidious as the mastermind behind the CIS was a secret known only to the jedi order and higher ups in the CIS itself. To most people, senators included, there was no Darth Sidious. That's how Palpatine was able to convince the public that the jedi order was Dooku's puppet master.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    TCW: Wild Space portrays Bail as being very shocked when Padme reveals to him that "the Sith are real."

9. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Padme knew after Obi-Wan told her. I feel quite certain that Yoda and Obi-Wan would've discussed it with Bail, too. In the Senate, when Padme tells Bail that the Chancellor has been elaborating on a plot by the Jedi to overthrow the Senate, Bail gives Palpatine a telling look. I think he knows the Jedi plot is not true. He probably figures out the rest shortly thereafter. Unless Bail told her anything, then Mon Mothma probably doesn't know. At least not until the years leading up to the OT.

10. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Interesting perceptions. At this point I'm not comfortable assuming anything on this topic.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Indeed. That's why the scene with Obi-wan and Padme was billed as the scene that explains it all, way back in 2003-04.

12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Was Bail on Palpatines hit list? Why was Tarkin so egor to destroy Alderaan?

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It had nothing to do with Bail personally. Tarkin wanted to make an effective demonstration of the Death Star's power, both to Leia and to the Republic at large as Alderaan is a core world.