main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Padme know she was carrying twins?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Yanksfan, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Yeah, force-keeper, but there's more to prenatal care than finding out the sex of your baby. You still go in for doctor's exams, etc. even if you don't want to know. And in the course of these exams a twin would eventually have been discovered. And that's something a medical expert *would* pass on, regardless. You never hear prospective parents say, "And don't tell us if we're having a multibirth--we want it to be a surprise!" You know?

And please, I'm not trying to get all critical on ROTS. The truth is, I loved this movie. It's just somthing I wondered about while watching it.

2. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Look, I don?t know if she went for check up?s or not. It was not elaborated on and, IMO, didn't have to be. Maybe her handmaidens did the check-up for her. Regardless, she only new of one child up until she gave birth. :)

3. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    How are the handmaiden's suppose to do check-ups for her, Force-Keeper?
    I agree with one thing...she knew she had only one baby right until she delievered, but I find it strange that she had no clue about it.

4. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I agree. Some things in SW are strange. :p

5. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Just to make it clear, I never said that they did. I was just throwing out an idea, nothing more. I really don't think it even matters if she had a check-up or not, it's irrelevant.

6. Padmae_Skywalker

Padmae_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    No Padme did not know she was carrying twins. She believed for awhile she was carrying a boy (Luke) and later believe after Anakins return that it was girl (Leia). When the twins are born Padme is told before hand she going to deliver twins. Anakin doesnt know until ROTJ when he probes Lukes mind and learns that he fathered Luke and also Leia Organa.

7. StarWarsfan80

StarWarsfan80 Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2006
    No Padme didn't know that she was carrying twins

8. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Padme didn't go for checkups because, being a Senator in the Galactic Republic, word would get out that she was pregnant. Everybody would be wondering about the father, and they'd be watching every time Anakin showed up at her apartment.

9. Golwen

Golwen Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    I heard (take this with a grain of salt) that she had her prenatal check-ups with a droid medic and requested only to know if the baby was healthy and nothing else. Therefore,the droid, doing precisely as she had asked didn't inform her that there were two kids. I know that sounds very lame (and it is) considering as a doctor just had to check the fetus' heartbeat to determine if there are twins (two babies means two heartbeats).

10. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    This is the same technology that requires a women to be awoken from an unconcious state to deliver a baby. Lucas makes a lot of streches in common sense for the sake of drama. Like you said, there's no register of shock on her face when a second one is coming on the way, but then again she's sprinting around like nothing on Mustafar so maybe we should let more leeway for the less realistic sense of her state of being George employs. She was dying anyways, so it could have been triplets and she probably wouldn't have had the slightst concern.

But I for once dont' agree with Duggy- there are much worse threads like that horrid 'Racism in ROTS' insinuation than this one. Healthy discussion of the tidbits in good nature should be fine with moderation and temerity.

11. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh come on! Of course she knew. They can clone a whole person and go through hyperspace. I'm sure they have sonograms. You can tell there's two heartbeats after the third month.

She didn't tell Anakin because it was enough of a bombshell for the boy to find that his wife was seven months pregnant and she only bothered to tell him then. She knows Anakin hates life changing surprises.

Anakin: We're not going to worry about anything right now. *kissy kissy* This is a happy moment. The happiest of my life.

Padme: Good, I am doubling the joy. I'm carrying twins!

Anakin: um, er, uhn.... HOW COULD DO THIS TO ME!!!!!!! Are you NUTS?!?!? I'm only 23! Other guys my age just got out of college! I can't have BABIES!!! YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE!

*the entire senate floor starts looking around, Palps smiles contentedly*

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Padme didn't know, because she didn't want to know the sex of the baby. And thus the revelation of twins is preserved for the first timers and for the characters.

13. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    In a cut scene Padme and Anakin refer to the sex of THE BABY, not THE BABIES.

14. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    I dont think Padme knew. I did think the names were almost random mainly because of the really bad acting in that scene. Perhaps she did prepare for the names afterall that's what most parents do. It was just so, well.. Badly done. I think if Padme knew Anakin would be the first to be told.

15. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    I did think the names were almost random mainly because of the really bad acting in that scene.

Explain how and why u thought the acting was bad there?

16. darthvaderv

May 20, 2005
    :confused: Do you think the acting is good there?

17. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    I had no problem with it.

18. darthvaderv

May 20, 2005
    Good for you. I didn't like it.;)

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    All of the acting in Star Wars is bad. Even the holy OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.