main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Padme look pregnant in the wedding scene?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Howell_III, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002
    "Everyone" (?!) is waiting for?

ecch.

2. Mon_Mommy

Mon_Mommy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I have to agree with the previous poster who said that pregnancy takes *months* to be visible. At least 3 months to show through clothes (yes, even for twins!) At about 8 weeks a baby is the size of a small raspberry. Even two would still be really tiny!! Also, usually the stomach is not the first place you see bulges. Usually the hips and butt start "showing" before a tummy does. I see no sign of that on Padme.

I also have to mention that I see a bit of a tummy in her nightgown when she interupts Anakin while he's meditating. I'm not suggesting she's pregnant there, I'm just saying, people have stomaches.

3. jewlmc

jewlmc Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Well maybe not EVERYONE but just about darn near...

Doesn't matter...She is NOT pregnant.

But you are going to go on believing she is until EP III opens and she is just THEN pregnant aren't you?

You're going to feel kind of silly.

4. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    If one is going to believe Padme was pregnant at the end of AOTC, then you must realize what you are saying concerning the effects will be for EP III.

If there is a 2-3 year gap in the story between the events of AOTC and EP III, then if Padme was in fact pregnant at the end of AOTC and starting to show, then when EP III opens, Luke and Leia are somewhere between 2-3 years old.

Now if this is the case, then how do you make the statement by Obi-Wan from ROTJ to Luke fit.

"To protect you both from the Emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born"!

If Padme was in fact pregnant at the end of AOTC, how does this work, and if so this means Obi-Wan would have to discover the marriage and the pregnancy in the interim between films, and Anakin will have joined Palpatine and become evil, or else why hide the twins from him?? :confused:

And anyway, I just don't believe Lucas would leave such tremendous events and circumstances concerning the discovery of the marriage, the birth and the hiding of twins, and Anakin's full turn to the dark side out of EP III, as this scenario would do.

The truth is, Padme is not pregnant at the end of AOTC!!

Darth Sin! :cool:

5. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    "What is your definition of the word "Wars"?"

Your not following me.

These films are suppose to be for the entire family, right? If that is the case, then none of the stuff that I mentioned in my last post should be in a family film but since they are, then it's appropriate that we see Padme screaming in pain while she's giving birth to Luke and Leia.

We don't have to see her actually giving birth, only the kind of scene that Jewlmc has described.

6. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002
    I agree.

Maybe because there are 2 babies, the preganancy lasts twice as long? :eek:/

I KNOW! - When George was planning the prequels in the mid-90's, he was going to mak Anakin 11 or 12. Later he decided to make it 9 yrs old. Now he is cashing in those couple of years he took away from Anakin, and "sucking in" the timetable of Episode III?

Truthfully, though, I never said I thought Padme looked pregnant. I opened this thread by asking the question, because I DID NOT know. Having scrutinized the pics that others were kind enough to post, I, too, see the daylight shining through her belly, and I readily concede that she probably is NOT pregnant.

It seems that George, having set the shot up the way he did (against the hazy background) may have WANTED us to wonder .... I know, if Clones were still playing, I'd happily lay down another $7.50 to check.

7. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Maybe Natalie`s gained some weight.Damnit I hate when the hot ones get fat! It happened to Drew Barrymore,and now it`s Natalie! Lay off the fatty foods!

8. Darth_Tarpals

Darth_Tarpals Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    I think you're all seeing things, and I'm the only sane one. [face_plain]

9. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Na she wasn't pregnant, she was just full on fruits that were Force-fed to her by Anakin.

10. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
  11. Jedi_Sam

Jedi_Sam Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2002
    Okay, I am not the only one who saw that. Some say she can't be, but lets face it. Lucas can write this any way he wants. He might have decided to change a few things in this next one. Who knows?? Nobody does but GL. So before anyone says no she is not, unless you are a fly on GL's wall and reading over his shoulder do you know for sure that she is not. We can all agree it would be strange and out of place for it to happen like that. However, we cannot rule out anything. Hundreds of people cannot say they saw something and we all be wrong.No I will not feel silly if she was not. I saw what I saw. BTW,
    The one who wrote that a woman doesn't start showing that early, you are so wrong. I am only 5' tall and I started showing at around ten weeks. A woman who gains thirty pounds is not going to have a thirty pound baby, your body starts storing fat to portect the uterus and the baby. Read "What to expect when you're expecting" and I don't know about anyone else out there, but I only carried my baby for 7 months instead of nine, but it felt like a three years.

12. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    First off, even ignoring the blatant immorality of such a thing, why are we all assuming that Padme's pregnancy would last nine months and that she'd start 'showing' after a few weeks? Keep in mind that these Star Wars characters aren't supposed to be 100% human in the biological sense of the word, they're simply supposed to be sentient alien beings that happen to look very similar to us on the outside.

13. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    are you saying that Padme is an alien?? :eek: Im sooo scared... now.. :eek: heh... [face_laugh] lol. Whatever. heh.. she's not pregnant in ep2... geez..

14. BlueMules

BlueMules Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    Hey look, she is pregnant with TWINS! Aren't they suppose to make the tummy a tad bigger? :D

15. Jedi_Sam

Jedi_Sam Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2002
    Yes, someone with twins will start showing sooner than someone having just one. Your body starts preparing to protect the child/children at the time of conception. And it is not just a few weeks, It's more like 8-10 weeks.

I don't know if she's pregnant, all I am saying is that it looks like it. Some of you people need to calm down. It was just an observation.

16. jewlmc

Oct 29, 1999
    But...she's not. Remember, Luke has no memory of his mother..if he is a few years old when he is separated from her he would rememeber like Like Leia did..I mean he HAS to be separated from her right after birth. So then we would miss most of the dramatic action that takes place surrounding that.

Yeah...sure Lucas will do that just to say "Hah hah she was pregnant at the end of AOTC..you just had to look REALLY REALLY hard and use computer technology..but it was all there. Sorry if you were looking for some dramatic stuff in EP III..." :p

17. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    She could be pragnet but episode 3 could be 12 months later our maybe padme died of pargnetcy problems and leia remembers her a little bit.

18. jewlmc

Oct 29, 1999
    This post is a joke right? I mean the spelling...12 MONTHS!?!? WOW..

19. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    No its not a joke. It takes nine month for baby to be born but who knows what well happen!

20. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    What if padme had three childern but one of them died from blood problems. Becasuse you know that epsiode 3 is three years later>

21. SkywalkerG

SkywalkerG Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/slasho4tires/QueenBelly.txt]

Thanks Frank. Got It to Work, From your Advice.

22. Frank_Palpatine

Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 29, 2002
    Try renaming it to a .txt file, re-upload it to geocities, and edit your post accordingly if you'd like it to work. :)

23. sergejg

sergejg Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2002
    Ok now, I'm not saying I agree totally with the people that say that padme is indeed pregnat at the end of AOTC. But here is something that may be of some interest to all of you guys.

I recently have been reading a lot of the books of Dune by Frank Herbert and I realized that there is very much similarity with the whole StarWars saga. I posted a thread and somebody gave me a couple of pages that have some esays on how indeed StarWars has over 12 important "coincidences" including the prequels!

Now you may think, what does this have to do with all of this? a lot. In dune, there is this character called "Alia" (that has been related a lot with Leia, starting from the anagram of the word) and when her mother gets pregnant, because she is a special "child" with many powers caused by "the spice" (kind of like the foce) her gestation time is unatural and begins and ends IN A LOT LESS TIME that would naturally take.

What I'm saying is that George might as well have taken another idea borrowed and the twins get an accelareted birth process because of the excess of midiclorians or something like that.

Also when Alia is born she has so much power that even in the womb she already had precience and already kind of knew what was going on "outside" and has supernatural knowledge of things that no ordinary baby would have. If George kind of gives this "ability" to Leia of having so much knowldege even while as a fetus, that would explain a lot the dialog on ROTJ when Leia talks about remembering her mother, and the speculation that Padme dies on Episode III would definatly have sense.

This all may sound kind of crazy for some of you, but GL is still taking a lot of this kind of things borrowed from Dune universe for the prequel, so you guys keep an eye on this speculation as it might turn out correct.

In case someone wants to get some more info to know what I'm talking about you can check out this thread.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8843059&replies=4

Hope somebody takes this info seriously.

24. QueenDorme

QueenDorme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Padme is injected with a Clone. Everything grows at double the speed. ;)

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So she has a belly... that does not make her pregnant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.