main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Palpatine kill Padme?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by enigmaticjedi, Jul 26, 2015.

1. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I dunno, seems more to me she'd die only in battle or from an incurable sickness or maybe an overdose from Mr. Drink.

That's how I've always interpreted that scene. From Yoda's POV, Anakin was having disturbing visions of Obi-Wan suffering and dying and was just imparting a little Jedi wisdom. As a way to say, "If die, Obi-Wan does, with the Force his spirit shall be." Granted, the last advice about letting go of everything you fear to lose is important regardless of who was dying in Anakin's visions.

2. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

I'd be fine with her dying in battle, too. Though I personally believe Padme would never pick up a gun again after everything that happened.

As for the second part, they implied that in the novelization. That Anakin somehow "let" Yoda think/feel it was Kenobi he was talking about.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  3. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    C-3PO and/or R2-D2 killed Padme. Not sure the precise details, but while Anakin and Obi-Wan were fighting, the two droids picked up Padme from the landing platform and moved her onto the ship. In the process a mishap or cacophony of mishaps occurred resulting in Padme's death. Following the age old rule of "mechanic before organic" the medical droids on the asteroid covered for 3PO and / or R2. Knowing what suckers living beings are for a good romance, the medical droids said Padme died of a broken heart, instead of being dropped by droids or whatever happened.

It's also possible Bail Organa was the mastermind of the entire thing. Wanting a daughter, Bail had plotted for sometime to take Padme's baby for own. Bail hired, R2-D2 and/or C-3PO to "take care" of Padme at the right time. C-3PO's memory was wiped because he had second thoughts after the fact, or was not in on the plan and became an unfortunate witness of what R2-D2 did to "take care" of Padme. The Bail part is more conjecture, but if anyone could recover the missing surveillance tapes from the Mustafa landing platform, this theory would become fact.

TaradosGon and jakobitis89 like this.
  4. TheDutchman

TheDutchman Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2015
    so some here in this thread don't like the idea that padme "died of a broken heart"......accusing GL of crappy writing and storytelling......but then refuse to believe that this completely plausable theory about Sidious causing her death.

Because that would then, of course, mean that you couldn't complain anymore.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  5. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Yes,Anakin killed Padme.

6. PHIERY

PHIERY Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Your theory is quite credible.
    I always thought Obi-Wan was responsible for Padme's losing her will to live. When Obi-Wan lied to Padme, by saying it was Anakin who killed the Jedi Younglings, when it was most likely Obi-Wan who killed them.
    Now, I think R2D2 and C3PO were programmed to mortally injure Padme, so that Bail Organa and Obi-Wan could each steal one of the twin babies. Anakin had the right to know his babies were still alive.

7. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Right, because Anakin seemed completely in the right frame of mind to raise Luke and Leia responsibly...

Seagoat likes this.
  8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    10 year old Luke: "Dad, I accidentally spilled blue milk all over the floor."
    Anakin: "WHY, YOU LITTLE" *Force Chokes*

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

jakobitis89 and HevyDevy like this.
  9. SegNerd

SegNerd Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think Palpatine killed Padme. I'm pretty sure it's been stated that the birth of the twins and the "birth" of Vader started out as separate sequences, but as they were cut closer and closer in editing, eventually they realized they should run in parallel. But if it weren't for this editing decision, Padme would have died before Vader was rescued.

I always took the line "There is nothing medically wrong with her" to be confirmation that she did indeed just lose the will to live. It may not be realistic, but I don't think realism is the goal.

However, I do believe it's possible that Palpatine manipulated Anakin's nightmares, although I'm really not sure.

10. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    lost her will to live.....or whatever the line was....was one of the weakest, eye rolling, cringing lines I had heard in a movie. Padme was the type to want to bring Anakin to justice....not roll over and die.

jaqen likes this.
  11. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    /I do believe Palpatine killed Padme...she is one of the few people that could have brought Anakin back to the light.

12. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Either Palpy killed her subtly manipulating her pregnancy, or the fact that giving life two extremely powerful Force sensitive children may cause enough stress on her body that kills her, just imagine the amount of Living Force that left her quite suddenly. Having twins is NOT normal pregnancy even without the Force.

13. SegNerd

SegNerd Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2015
    I actually prefer the idea that Padme just lost the will to live. After so many people tried to kill her, at least she goes out "on her own terms."

I know it doesn't make medical sense in terms of how things work in real life, but neither do lightsabers or the Vader suit...