main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Palpatine know of Anakin before they met on Naboo?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by antonino, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antonino

antonino Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    After reading the making of Ep. 3 book,I came across [Comments Deleted. This is a spoiler-free forum. Posting lines of dialogue from that book is CERTAINLY a spoiler] . so when seeing them together in ep.1 do you think that palps had known or took part of his creation all alongg? palps had planned and orgganized to take over for many years, was anakin a part of his scheme bbefore anakin was even born? i recall a few weeeks after ep.1 came out,there was a rumor that palps migght have had somethingg to do with anakins existence. perhaps it was a lucas idea that he then abbandonned.

2. Zee Zee

Zee Zee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    Maybe, maybe not. But he would have been aware of the prophecy of the Chosen One.

3. Darth_Arisin

Darth_Arisin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    That's an interesting angle but I don't think so.

4. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I think he was aware that qui gon brought a boy to the council beliving him to be the chosen one. and with the seccuss of the battle palpitine immeditly saw the potential and power the boy had in the force.

5. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Uh, seriously? That's weird. I really hope Palpy has nothing to do with Anakin, unless Palpy raped Shmi and is Anakin's father. In fact, I would love it if Palp was Anakin's father (but I'm not pro-rape or anything weird). I think that would be a cool twist.

6. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    There was no father- Shmi Skywalker

Palpatine at the time was busy with politics, busy with Naboo, busy with being nice to everyone. He didn't know Anakin until Anakin arrived on Coruscant. And certainly he didn't know he was the Chosen One, or what the Chosen One was.

7. seventyard

seventyard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    if ani was truly conceived by the force and thus fulfills the prophecy, then palpy couldn't have had anything to do with it.

the footage in TPM doesn?t let us know if ani and palpy ever meet before the end on naboo, but they?re certainly in close enough quarters (on the coruscant platform and when ani and jar jar are dropping eaves on the discussion between palpy and the queen on senatorial politics) that ani?s natural presence in the force would have been sensed by any competent lord of the sith.

i mentioned in another forum how interesting it is that palpy is willing to do less and less work in the training of his apprentices: maul is trained from birth, dooku is an accomplished jedi before he is somehow seduced, and ani is not only an accomplished jedi but is already leading sithward when palpy intervenes (however that happens).

my guess is that palpy senses anakin?s potential immediately, but decides to let the jedi do the heavy lifting in training him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.