main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Palpatine Use Telekinesis to plant Fear of Padme dying in child birth i to Anakin's mind?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SkywalkerJedi02, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    It's not about 'strength' solely.

2. Iron Lung

Iron Lung Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2015
    There is no need for Palpatine to have caused them and no indication in the movies that he did. Speculating on the powers shown in EU stuff is pointless and irrelevant.

Anakin sees the future in which Padme dies. It comes true. We know that Palaptine has very powerful precognitive abilities so he sees it too. The fact that there is an element of a causality paradox involved in that future being realised doesn't change the fact that it simply is the future. It's what Anakin was created for.

3. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    I don't believe Palpatine was, he merely exploited it sensing that Anakin was deeply troubled, though I do believe the vision could have been avoided. I think that Anakin's visions showed him possible futures, not definite ones. Shmi was of higher probability and was far harder to avoid, Padme on the other hand...what I think happened was that Anakin was so paranoid over his mother that the minute he saw a vision of Padme's death he fixated on it and became terrified, and in his anxiety that was the future his subconscious mind focused on, increasing the frequency of the dream.