main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

** Did people living in the SW universe believed in superheroes? **

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Anakenobi, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    openmind- lol. But don't most superheroes have laser/x-ray-vision? well, I suppose if you have the force you don't need that.

whaydaminit, is Paxi the name of that little kid in the episode with the thing that my bro and I called "stompy"? It was a pretty dumb superweapon

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think that to the people of the Prequel Era the Jedi were probably their Superheroes whereas the people under Imperial Rule didn't believe in anything that could stop the Empire and some youth may have looked up to the Stormtroopers as their way to be all they can be and the Royal Guards as the Superheroes.

-Jedi Master Zax Starwalker

3. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    The Jedi were probably pretty mythic by the time of ANH. Perhaps there were bedtime stories people Under The Thumb of Oppression (c) told thier kids about Jedi Warriors. Every person in every culture needs someone/something to believe in.

4. Anakenobi

Anakenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2004
    Just for the record, Gilgamesh (the ancient dude, not the comic book one) was as much a hero as Wolverine is.

In fact, you could trace every single hero today to Gilgamesh. He was a villain at first but became a tragic hero in the end.

Anywhoo, heroes must've existed in Luke's time since evil monsters tormented him as a child (Rancors was the monster that would cause fear in kids living in Tatooine). So believing in superheroes could be something nice to keep those nightmares away...

...And in RotJ, Luke had to face his fear in Jabba's Palace (Oh no! The Rancor!--even Treepio knew about him)

5. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Yeah...The Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.