main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Qui-Gon know Padme was the queen?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Nov 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I've always thought he did. Just from the way he's always in her face about how the Queen trusts him, so she should too, and his general demeanor, I've just always gotten the feeling that he alone (outside of Panaka and the handmaiden, of course) recognized her as the queen.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
  3. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    I would think he did.

4. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Yep, he and Obi-Wan knew. Lucas said in the commentary on TPM DVD.

But in the Xbox game Obi-Wan it seems he is clueless about her and Sabe's switchero, at least on Tatooine. This is comming from Gamer 7, where it says the false Queen, who Obi-Wan thinks is the real one, is captured by Tusken Raiders while Qui-Gon and everyone are out in the town.

Personally, I always thought at least Qui-Gon knew all along. It makes all his comments to Padme in Mos Espa all that more mocking and impersonal. Just like a Jedi would.

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I think he did. That amused look he shoots when the Queen reveils herself to the Gungans . . .

6. Kebis

Kebis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    On the DVD commentary track, Lucas states that Qui-Gon knew she was the queen.

7. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    Obi Wan and Qui Gon knew... look at their faces in the film when she reveals it...

and it might mention something in the novel at this scene too....

8. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I always thought both knew, especially when Padme revealed her self to be the Queen. Anakin and Jar Jar were definatley duped by Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon with a lopsided grin, like "yep I knew it"

9. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    I thought he did. Especially when he says "The queen trusts my judgement, young handmaiden." etc.

After he says it he gives her a slight glance as if to say: "Yeah, I know it's you, ;) "

That's what I thought, anyways. :D

10. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Qui-Gon definitely knew but I don't think Obi-Wan was aware. When Padme reveals the truth at the Gungan sanctuary Qui-Gon looks amused while Obi-Wan gives his master a look that seems to say "You knew and didn't fill me in?". Qui-Gon seems to have been trying to use that as an example to make Obi-Wan try and leave himself more open to what was going on around him, kinda like their talk on the Trade Federation ship in TPM's beginning.

11. ANIandAMIDALA4EVER

ANIandAMIDALA4EVER Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    He knew. His Jedi instincts probably told him.

12. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Qui-Gon definitely knew but I don't think Obi-Wan was aware. When Padme reveals the truth at the Gungan sanctuary Qui-Gon looks amused while Obi-Wan gives his master a look that seems to say "You knew and didn't fill me in?". Qui-Gon seems to have been trying to use that as an example to make Obi-Wan try and leave himself more open to what was going on around him, kinda like their talk on the Trade Federation ship in TPM's beginning.

Obi-Wan knew, unless you watched another version of TPM, he gave Qui-Gon a look of like did you know? He smiled at his master.
    Anakin and Jar Jar were the ones who were duped.

13. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Put it this way, they are jedi and so should be able to tell who was who through sensing their minds were different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.