Did Quinlan Vos and Anakin Skywalker meet during the Clone Wars while the latter was a Padawan?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I'm just clarifying, as I was sure someone - Trip, I thought - suggested that the moment when Quinlan Vos met Anakin as a Padawan remarkably shortened the time Quinlan was a darksider, from thirty-odd months to four weeks-odd, under the new continuity.

I can't recall for the life of me when they met, and the only time Quinlan met Kenobi was during the Rendilli Crisis, which has been retconned as taking place after Anakin is Knighted by the NEC...

I'm mildly confused, otherwise...?
  2. Darth_Foo Force Ghost

star 4
    anakin sees a hologram of quin talking during the meeting before the Battle of Kamino in Republic #50.

other than that i can't recall any other time
  3. Darth_Duck Force Ghost

star 4
    Uhh, retcon? The first page (in the TPB, at least) refers to Anakin as Obi-Wan's former Padawan. It's not a retcon, it's is the story.
  4. Trip Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm pretty sure I said the opposite. :p

Because, yeah: the Anakin/Obi-Wan and Quinlan storylines never intersect between Kamino and Rendili, making shifting the Anakin/Obi-Wan stuff into the first and last six months of the war easy to do without impacting the Quinlan stuff.
  5. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Then I stand happily corrected. :D The NEC can be overriden, after all, so I wanted to be sure.

Well, that makes my life sooooo much easier. Thanks for that, Trip. Excellent.
  6. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I haven't done an analysis of this yet, but I would also be wary of secondary connections besides the overt "is PaddyAnnie present with Quin?". Are Quinlan and Anakin stories linked by a "3rd party" story (ie: say for example if Mace mentions something about PaddieAnnie in one issue that has some kind of timeline relationship with a Quinlan story?).
  7. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    An Irish Anakin? Wha? :confused::p
  8. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    ToppadaForcin'Mornin'toyah
  9. Master_Keralys Sometime Technical Aide and Erstwhile Lit Mod

Manager
    star 5
    I'm thinking something like this is the case, but I can't be sure. I haven't read any of the Republic stuff since shortly after it came out in TPB, so my memory is very fuzzy. Even if so, it would have to be pretty strong dialogue not to make it work, I think.
  10. sonnymyson Jedi Knight

star 3
    Vos was added into the battle of Geonosis by Dark Horse, with LFL's blessing. I don't think anything got hurt.
  11. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
    they could met in the jedi temple too,not just in their adventure days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.