main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Sidious and Vader destroy or steal the Jedi records?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Was it every explained what happened to the Jedi records during the assault on the temple? I would think Sidious or Vader would want to find out everything they could from the Jedi. Or did they think they knew it all?

2. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Imperial Intelligence and the Propaganda apparatus would have used certain parts of it for their own needs. Palpatine and Vader would have also no doubt used it for certain select intelligence (perhaps hidden temples or locations), whilst the rest would have been destroyed.

I doubt they would have used it for any Force-type knowledge. After all Darth Sidious was the ultimate Sith Lord and I doubt the Jedi knew any techniques which he didn?t or would be of any interest to him.

3. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin was instructed to retrieve Sith holocrons

4. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    That's what I thought.

Is that from the novel? What was the nature of those Sith holocrons?

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    'Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader', IIRC.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I assume it would include Sith Holocrons and records that the Jedi confiscated.

If I was to guess, one would be the Sith Holocron of Darth Nihilus, as the only Sith Holocrons that seem to be in Sith possession in Legacy are those of Xoxaan, Nihilus, Bane and Andeddu. Xoxaan's is found by Krayt, Bane should belong to Sidious at this time, Andeddu's timeline is known, and then that leaves Nihilus'.

We also know from the X-wing comics that Sidious left a few records in circulation, but modified them so that any new Jedi who discovered them would be subtly corrupted and eventually fall.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It is explained in Dark Lord that the holocrons Vader is sent to retrieve from the Temple - said to be from the Bane era - are actually fakes, what Luceno calls "Sith disinformation of a sort". Palpatine reminisces that Plagueis once allowed him access to the "real" holocrons. It's possible this plot point will be expanded upon in the upcoming Plagueis novel. I'm not really sure of its purpose, though it could represent some kind of attempt by Luceno to explain the Jedi knowledge of the Rule of Two without Kibh Jeen. I had hoped the Bane books would mention them, but it was not to be.

8. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    His dog ate them

9. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm not informed on EU. I've only read the ROTS novelisation to be honest. It was good though.
    There is an upcoming Plagueis novel? I might read some of them in the near future, what novel do you recomend beggining with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.