Did the cargo ship design in Ep2 carry over to become the Star Destroyers in the OT?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    In AOTC, the cargo ships that carried the clones looked (to me) similar to the Star Desroyers. Who also thinks this way? Who thinks otherwise?
  2. Jedi_Master201 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think you're right. ;) Also, the Jedi Starfighters are supposed to evolve into them.
  3. senseless_apprentice Jedi Knight

star 2
    Isn't it the same company all around? It's funny that Kenobi rides in a fighter with the Imperial insignia on it. lol.
  4. Myaha Jedi Master

star 4
    this "cargo ship" is an Acclamator-class battle cruiser and yes: it will evolve into the Imperial-class Star Destroyer ;)
  5. Iron_Fist Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    In between the two is the Victory Star Destroyer, which is about 900 metres long and is the evolutionary forefather of the ISD, and probably descendent of the battle cruisers in Ep. II. And the supposed "Imperial" insignia on Kenobi's starfighter (which had already been developed by KDY) was actually a symbol that had nothing to do with the Empire. However, when the Empire took over, they took that symbol, a symbol of good and serenity, and removed 2 of the "spikes" from it, and adopted it as their symbol. I think that this was a question asked on Ask the Jedi Council on starwars.com.
  6. Jedi_Master201 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was the Jedi insignia. Kind of reminds me of the way Hitler took the Swaztika (sp?), a (supposedly) good symbol, from religion and turned it into a symbol of evil.
  7. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Yes. The Republic Assault Ship was designed to transport troops and support equipment to battle, but they were under armed, requiring extra ships to defend themselves. Therefore, the designs were taken and the ships were redesigned, bigger and better armed, and we now have the victory class Star Destroyer, which had a fast hyperdrive, lots of guns and could now bombard a planet, defend a planet or engage in ship to ship combat. The Assault cruiser could only land troops. The Vic can. Then, the Imperial I and II star destroyers were made and along with them, the Super Star Destroyer.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.