main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

did the Droids cartoon happen?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jedimonkie, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimonkie

jedimonkie Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    not sure if this has been discussed but...
    if R2 and 3P0 were given into Captain Antilles care and the end of ROTS, is george saying that the events portrayed in the "Droids"
    cartoon never happened?

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They do occur- most likely Antilles loses the droids or has them stolen from him, and he later reclaims them.

4. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    My post from another thread:

In the first episode of Droids 3PO says that their last master turned out to be a smuggler and they are dumped on the planet Anoo, so maybe they were stolen from Antillies by this smuggler. Thall Joben then finds them, the droids eventually leave him so that he can have a carrear in speeders. The escape pod they are in probably gets found by a salvage ship which sells droids for labour. They get work in a café on Tynes Horkey, then get sacked and sold at auction to Jann Tosh. Then Jann leaves the droids so he can join the Academy and the Droids end up the property of Mungo Baobab. I'd like to think that after their adventures with him, Mungo asks the droids what they'd like to do. Perhaps they reveal that they are the property of Captain Antillies and have been lost from Alderaan for several years. Mungo could then return them.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Bumping this with the first official info on the subject- "The Ultimate Visual guide" that just came out from DK mentions that R2 and 3PO were "accidentally separated" from Antilles, thus kicking off the various Droids adventures "before returning to Captain Antilles' ship, the Tantive IV."

So, we have an official answer now.

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Do you think we'll ever see how they were "accidently" seperated. Maybe via a comic? Thoughts anyone?

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd say the next likely source to elaborate on the specific circumstances regarding the situation will be The New Essential Chronology hitting in the next month or two.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd say that would be a good subplot for the live action series ;)

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Do you think we'll ever see how they were "accidently" seperated.<<

Well, now, as it turns out, an Alderaanian Bosun serving aboard the Tantive IV was a character on Hyperspace's What's the Story feature- and my submission won! It also so happens that I included some elaboration on how the droids were seperated, and it wasn't removed so we now how some new official details on what happened:

During the early years of the Empire, Chief Petty Officer Metonae was supervising test launches of the escape pods when a pirate group from the Karthakk system attacked, forcing the Tantive IV to abandon its jettisoned pods.

It was soon learned thereafter that two units from the ship's droid pool, R2-D2 and C-3PO, were unknowingly aboard one of the lost pods. ...Bail Organa made finding these two droids of imperative priority.

...She would note that the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO were recovered by Antilles, and both droids were instructed to never again enter an escape pod unless ordered.

:D

10. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Freakin' Quest. [face_devil]

11. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    I'm so happy to see the connection. keep up the good connecting work 2nd quest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.