main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did the Emperor ever have an escape plan?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by James_Sunderland, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James_Sunderland

James_Sunderland Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2005
    Did he plan to stay on the Death Star even though the Rebels "might" have won? And they did?

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    His over confidence was his weakness. Just like Tarkin, he wasn't moving.

3. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
  4. Darth_Virgo_97

Darth_Virgo_97 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2004
    I agree with the above posts, as well. Palpatine was far too confident to even think he could lose to the Rebel Alliance. Obviously, over-confidence was his downfall.

5. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    He was going to hitch a ride on Vader's back all the way to Coruscant.

6. Curufinwe

Curufinwe Jedi Master star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    Think about it though:

Yes, the Death Star is an enormous structure, but how quickly does a spacecraft like the Falcon get inside its core? a matter of minutes.

You have to think that although the movie intercuts scenes from the Endor ground battle, the space battle, and Luke's battle, they are probably not all happening at exactly the same time.

See what I'm saying? I think that had the confrontation played out differently, i.e. had Vader killed Luke, or Luke decided to turn, that the Emperor could have ample time to escape before the Death Star exploded. Yes, the film has Lando enter the structure about the same time as the Emperor is killed, but he probably entered it only minutes or even seconds before Luke dragged Vader onto the shuttle. The descent into the Death Star core is lengthened out for dramatic purposes; think about how quickly a spaceship can travel the matter of miles to the center of the Death Star and out again.

Anyway, I think that had anything gone wrong, the Emperor could have escaped and continued to rule the galaxy.

7. swfan4life_1979

swfan4life_1979 Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2005
    well Luke was right all along his over confidence was his weakness.

8. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, Palpatine wasn't moving from his throne because he didn't think the Rbeles cold possibly win or that Luke wouldn't turn.

9. Darth_KindaEvilGuy

Darth_KindaEvilGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2001
    Yeah, he had a whole bunch of Clones growing that he could inhabit after his death and send Force Storms after the Rebellion and turn Luke to the Dark Side and......

Hold on....

Isn't this the EU forum???

Sorry ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.