main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did The Emperor visit the first Death Star?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Naboo1, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naboo1

Naboo1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    We know he visited the second one.

Did he ever step foot on board the only Death Star that was ever used successfully?

2. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    maybe in the EU, but not in ANH. I don't recall the emperor ever being mentioned until ESB, unless i missed something in ANH. Something that i think could be overlooked easily if the emperor was mentioned in ANH, if he was, it was brief and probably by obi wan

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There was a similar throne room set up for him on the first Death Star, but I don't believe he ever visited there.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    As far as I know, EU says he didn't (Empire comic). It seems strange to me that he wasn't interested in seeing it at least once while it was under construction, though. There was no reason for him to go to the DS2 if he didn't go to DS1.

5. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    this may tie into another thread i didnt particularly agree with.

Perhaps because Lucas didnt think he was going to make the next two, ESB and ROTJ, that he didn't think it necessary to introduce a new character, one with such importance as the emperor. without giving much deep thought, i dont recollect the emperor mentioned in much detail as he is in ESB, in ANH.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Emperor was mentioned in the first scene aboard the Death Star, but that's all.

7. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    He dd not.
    He sent Vader to go instead of himself.

8. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    There was no reason for him to go to the DS2 if he didn't go to DS1.

He only went to the DS2 to oversee his plan and watch the final destruction of the Rebellion. He was probably using Vader to watch over Tarkin and observe the construction and operation of the Death Star. I can imagine that the emergence of a Rebellion and his future plans for disbanding the Senate and a major shift in the bureaucracy would have taken up most of his time and required him to keep a constant presence on Coruscant.

An interesting question is, had everything gone as planned, and the DS not been destroyed but instead been put into full operation, would he have relocated to the Death Star and governed from there?

9. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    I was always thought that Tarkin was keeping an eye on Vader. ?[face_plain]

10. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I was always thought that Tarkin was keeping an eye on Vader.

Someone as devious as emperor palpatine probably had everyone keeping an eye on each other. Darth Vader could have been given instructions to watch Tarkin and in turn Tarkin to watch Vader. He seems like the type to play his subordinates against one another.

11. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    He did play his followers off against one another. It even says so in numorous publications that I've read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.