main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did the Empire get the parts of the Death Star II from Mustafar?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SB323, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SB323

SB323 Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    I figured since they got the parts from Mustafar for the first one, why not for the second? Unless they had left over parts or something... Lock this thread if you must.

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Why do you assume they got parts from Mustafar?

The first time we see the Death Star plans is on Geonosis anyway.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's unlikely parts of any Death Star came from Mustafar, though I suppose it's concievable some of the raw material for the Confederacy-built portion of construction was collected from there.

4. ObiWan2790

ObiWan2790 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    oh, mustafar....i always thought they were built from the leftovers of Vaders 71' Vette.

5. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    The Official Site says it was manufactured on Despayre.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

6. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    That doesn't mean that's where they got all their parts, though.

7. Alanikan

Alanikan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Maybe Watto's shop.

8. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Aug 1, 2003
    That doesn't mean that's where they got all their parts, though.

"Bevel Lemelisk took the plans from Maw Installation to the remote Outer Rim world of Despayre. There, prison labor mined the world for the necessary materials needed to construct this weapon of terror."

I assume they got the raw materials from Despayre but the electronc systems and such were probably manufactured offworld.

9. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    thats EU-sponered story about the origins of deathstar
    by making prequals lucas somewhat invalidated that idea,

if u r star wars casual viewer; the DS shown in ROTS is a visual clue to link to episode IV, and it doesn matter that it took 20 years to get built while DS II took only three years

if u into starwars too much
    than the answer is genosians built a prototype, and based on that EMpire built its on DS years later somewhereelse

but the important thing in a movie for a casual audiance is the VISUAL CLUE

just like the discussion of are clonetroops = stormtrooper

for a casual viewer they are, they faceless, nameless soldiers of en empire

for non-casual viewer the ranks of clones were filled with conscripts later on

TRUTH ==> in OT they were nameless soldiers of en empire, PT was written after which lucas expanded the term "clone wars" from episode IV into epic advanture

10. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Aug 1, 2003
    And what makes you think that the EU information was debunked? The shot of the Death Star in RotS did not appear to be on Mustafar or Geonosis.

And where does it say that the Geonosians built the prototype? All we know is that they knew about the plans.

TRUTH ==> in OT they were nameless soldiers of en empire, PT was written after which lucas expanded the term "clone wars" from episode IV into epic advanture

Really?!?! That's shocking! I didn't know the PT was made after the OT! Thanks for telling me these things! [face_plain]

11. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I think they got the Death Star's power converters at Tosche Station.

12. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2005
    I know they went out of their way to make all the trade federation interiors look death star-esque, but my question would be this, why did the empire bother to reproduce the trade federation's interiors so closely? I mean why would they follow the blue prints so exactingly? did they feel that elevator shafts, blast doors, even the paint sceme were so important that they had to be exactly the same? while at the same time changing all those controls from the glowy green kind they ripped of from jedi academy to the red and black screens we see later on..?

best question: they *might* know paply is a sith lord, but you don't think the general population realizes he was the leader of the sepratists too? so wouldn't it be a bad idea to make the death star look so much like a sepratist ship??

13. WitchKing66

Jun 17, 2005

And where does it say that the Geonosians built the prototype? All we know is that they knew about the plans

it is not written anywhere, it just that people wonder why it took 20 years to built the first DS and it took 2-3 years to build the DS II; all i said for those wondering people a possible explnation could be that DS (prototype ?) that was shown in EPisode III was built by Geonosians for Geonosians and maybe the real prototype was developp later by Moff Tarkin's team and than the real one was built (all this in the span of 20 years) and the DS II was built by the time of ROTJ

but iam pretty sure that the THING that was shown in EPisode III (prototype or not) was built by Geonosians if not located at Mustafar or Geonosis. it was their Ultimate Weapon as they said in episode II.

as far as the EU goes, i am big fan of EU and i wansnt giving any low blow to EU.

but for casual viewer who doesnt care about why 20 years etc. it just a visual clue, a clue that nonethelss causes questions such as "why it took 20 years to built the first DS and it took 2-3 years to build the DS II" i just gave a hypothesis

and BTW you are very welcome
    any other questions u might have, u can ask

for instance, did u know that C3PO is the same Golden Driod that was in OT? i hope i didnt spoil anything[face_worried]

14. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm pretty sure Lucas confirmed that the Death Star in ROTS was the same as the one in ANH.

15. WitchKing66

Jun 17, 2005
    i wasnt aware that trade federation interiors were specifallc designed to look death star-esque
    IMHO not in TPM anyways sense the idea of the sepieis building DS came during script of episode II and in no way influenced the interiors designs of trade federation

the things about DS that makes it so important is really its superlaser, so bascially the dish and the reactor, that was "the achievement of the Geonosians", everything else is built by the Empire as the see fit

16. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_

Apr 30, 2005
    ..besides, there was no time scale at the end of ROTS, so for all we know it's been quite a few years, and obiwon's ust been running around the galaxy having all sorts of adventures with baby Luke, before bringing him back to tatooine..

My best supporting evidence, is that we see big-vader on the bridge of that star destroyer, not scrawny toothpick vader, but normal sized, old school vader, so some time must have passed

17. DarthTrooper

DarthTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    And this question is important because?:rolleyes:

STAR WARS is defenently NOT biology class. we don't need to disect everthing.

18. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_

Apr 30, 2005
    how about those elevators in the invisible hand? or the observation tower? or the hallways?

or in TPM how about those hallways? that breifing room? the blast doors? etc..?

don't beleive me? watch it again, and try and keep those things in mind..

..certianly it was more obvious in the rots sepratist ships, but it's not completly out of the blue

19. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    The turbolaser was the workd of the Geonosions. Everything else was a blend of the technology and design of the CIS and the Republic.

20. WitchKing66

Jun 17, 2005

IMO as far as the movie is concerned, the time matters not, its just visual clue, for instance the republic cruiser as the start of the movie had a Red lines on the them (representing the republic) but during the DS scene at the end the Red lines are removed leaving the ships grey (imperial-style) so u could argue that some time has passed,

but i think its better to just think of it as a visual clue that put there showing the elements of the OT. Movies are made as a visual/adudio input for an audiance, they are design that way. color mean everything. once the editor is happy with the movie and the movie is finalised and released it falls on EU to fill the gaps and so on ...
    there is novel that will written by James Luceno maybe that will help

21. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Agreed, WK. The point was to symbolize the beginning of the Empire's reign of terror. The time in which it actually took place did not matter.

22. WitchKing66

Jun 17, 2005
    i beilive u, if u r saying that they were specifically design to show that from the start of the prequal
    but just one thing the prequals were not all three worked out completly all at the same time i really doubt that lucas was planning to reveal DS (plans) in episode ii while doing the first movie

u know for example sidious in TPM has the emperor-style menacing voice while palpatine's voice is calm in TPM, same thing in AOTC, but the actual voice transofrmation "calm" to "emperor-style menacing voice" happened in ROTS right after he was disfigured. i know that Lucas really went a lot of pain and through a lot of different scenarios of how palpatine was to be revelead as sidious during ROTS production. after watching the ROTS u know that palpatine should not have the "emperor-style menacing voice" in TPM and AOTC when appearing as Sidious.

it could be that they were planing to do something and than they abondon the concept. someone said the turbolaser was the work Geonosions?? do u mean the turbolaser battries on the DS or the superlaser dish????

23. RedKitten

RedKitten Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    I have an Idea about how the DS two is built in three years, perhaps they planned to build more than one of these things and they stopped construction on the others after the first one was complete because they thought one could do the job or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.