main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

did the empire have courts and laws?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by The_General_Grievous, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    first question did the empire have laws and courts?and if they where did what planet would they take you to? where you alowed to have a bail? was there certian digrees of trials(like driking while fling or murder or where they all the same)?did the empire let you have a jury in your trial?did the empire rights(you have the right to remain sailent)?if t here where courts did you have a lawer? and finaly did the empire let the trials be know to the public?

2. KMG-365

KMG-365 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    I would imagine that they did, and that the application and enforcement of the laws would fall under the regional governers:

Tarkin: "The Imperial senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away....Regional governers now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station."

That scene leads me to believe that the Emperor has delegated the enforcement of laws - and issuing any punishments associated with breaking the laws - to the regional governers. They each had their own little fiefdoms!

3. Freddy-Krueger

Freddy-Krueger Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2005
    It was a dictatorship. There is no real "court". You speak out against the government or do something wrong, you're pretty much screwed.

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I don't think they'd bother with a specific planet to try ppl on, it'dd be dealt with where it happened, as has been posted.

I also think it would come down to each individual regional governor, how they did things, and if they were the dictators in charge, it would depend on if that person enjoyed doing trials or simply sentenced on the spot and couldn't be bothered with the pomp and ceremony of a whole trial.

This would also depend on the crime of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.