main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Did the Nightsisters kill only the fathers of sons or also the fathers of their daughters?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sudooku, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I always read about that the father of Darth Maul was killed according to the traditions of the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers. But did the Nightsisters killed the men only in case they became father of sons or also, when giving birth to daughters. Or were they free to let the men staying alive after giving birth to a daughter?

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    The Nightsisters viewed men as pretty much disposable, so yeah I imagine they did kill them regardless of their child's gender. I've found myself wondering how they even have a sustainable male population at all, given how for every one picked as a mate there were at least four or five killed in the Selection. They must have regularly imported Zabraks from off-planet for that to work.

What I find strange however is how attached Talzin is to Maul. It's very un-Nightsister like, and doesn't jive with what we've seen of their culture.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Agreed, I felt all along she was using him and Savage for her own ends, I just hope her big plan is finally revealed in comic or other form at some point.

5. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Well, there were no Nightsisters left after Grievous' raid after the failed Savage/Ventress-plot to kill Dooku. The Nightbrothers were sent recently (Son of Dathomir #3) to Dooku to detract his attention from Maul capturing Grievous. And the only remaining Nightsister Ventress was told by Talzin to leave because she had brougth Dookus wrath upon their clan and Talzin wanted to prepare for the ultimate fight without Ventress who was without any success in the last years. And not to forget, Ventress behaved very mean in Dookus commandship towards the poor Savage Opress, a loyal aid to Talzin in the past. I don't think that Talzin will have forgotten this her treason especially after Savage being impaled at Mandalore by Sidious' two blades. Thus there was only Maul left for Talzin as a staunch ally.

6. Darth Maaliss

Darth Maaliss Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2014
    I didn't get any sense of betrayal from Talzin when she told Ventress to leave, it was more of a "Leave before we all die and our sisterhood with it" type of thing. There certainly wasn't any treason on Ventress' part.

As far as I could see, Ventress would still have answered the call of the Nightsisters if she knew any survived following her departure from Dathomir.

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I interpreted it as Talzin casting Ventress aside so she could move through with the Maul plan without interference. I really don't think it would've gone well if she was there when Savage returned.

8. Darth Maaliss

Darth Maaliss Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2014
    Thats plausible. But I certainly don't see any treachery on Ventress' part. If talzin called on Ventress again, Ventress would answer in my opinion.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Talzin dismissed the Nightsisters extinction(plus Ventress is a Nightsister officially ).

Talzin doesnt tell Ventress to leave, its just that she can no longer take part in her destiny as by that time she had found a way to to find her long lost son who was more important to her than her own traditions and clan.

According to Goodson:

https://fangirlsintheforce.wordpress.com/interviews-3/enter-mother-talzin-2/

Maul may be kingly to Dathomir as he's not referred to as a Nightbrother or as brother but either as Son of Dathomir(Talzin) or Lord Maul(by brother Viscus). The Nightbrothers in SOD also take a far more proactive role in the storyline of Talzin than what we were shown on the cartoon.

Steven Hocking likes this.