main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did The Prequels Make The Jedi Boring?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PaulWrightyThen, Jan 19, 2016.

1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    boring? nope .

PaulWrightyThen likes this.
  2. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    Cool. ;)

Deputy Rick Grimes likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I know right ;)

4. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016

[​IMG]

5. Prisic Duskleap

Prisic Duskleap Jedi Master star 3

Jul 24, 2014
    Nope I strongly believe the PT enhanced the greatness of this saga. i don't think I would've ever enjoyed the OT if it wasn't for the PT.

ObiWanKnowsMe, Tonyg and theonea7 like this.
  6. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I even don't say cynicism, for me is just lack of morality. Star Wars for me is mainly an amazing fairytale in the space, and this is wonderful. Bu the fairytales are always centered in some moral aspect. If it doesn't exist it is just modern art, lege artis (but generally, nonsense ;) ).Now, ep.& is dangerous, because is oriented to almost all the audiences but says: it doesn't matter if someone kill/hurt his own father if he/she is conflicted emo teenager, if you know what I mean. That's why Ep.7 for me is not SW, because it is not interested in the morality. Could we compare it with what Lucas did: he was even concerned about the fact that Han Solo shot first in the cantina scene...

Generally, about Obi Wan I'm sure that Lucas is showing that not always is good to follow literally the rules; sometimes is better not to follow them just to do what is right. Is right and moral to save the father, not to leave him in the darkness. I think Obi Wan and Yoda were convinced that there is no way back form the dark side and that's why Anakin is dead and the man in the suit is not Anakin at all, so Luke could fight him. But they were wrong, Padme and Luke were right: there was still good in him.
    Anakin was strong: not only to use the Force but because even after so many years some good part of him survived, as Luke said in Ep.6.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  7. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    if it wasnt for the PT, star wars would still be popular but a generation of fans would most likely not be as large.

Valairy Scot and Prisic Duskleap like this.
  8. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    As an Old, this is so interesting to me. My very young son is completely obsessed with the PT, but he is kinda...just OK/pretty good on the OT? Like, he enjoys it, he likes the characters, but other than the occasional run of Jedi he's not usually clamoring to watch it. And I showed him the OT first! Now, granted, that could change as he gets older, but I wonder if he'd ever get into the OT as much if the PT hadn't existed. His generation kind of expects a little more...wild spectacle, SFX-wise, than what the OT delivers, maybe? Why wouldn't the Jedi be doing crazy cool stuff, right (especially if you are a little boy)? He is obsessed with the old Jedi Order.

9. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    i think the PT made the Jedi waaaaaaaaay more interesting overall. I never cared all that much for the whole wisdom filled nomad thing.. it's boring as hell to watch imo. I want amazing, beautiful lightsaber fights and all this great lore on the jedi and their history and I got it in the PT. i wouldn't really bother with SW much at all if not for the depictions of the Jedi in the PT

10. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    Jedi for me were magical, rare and their powers a mystery. The PT had great Jedi moments but as soon as there were a hundred lightsabers on screen it completely destroyed the uniqueness of being a Jedi for me. That being said, I still love a lot of the aspects of the old Jedi from before the OT especially what is depicted in the CW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    The PT did not make them boring, it made them more interesting.

xezene likes this.
  12. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    The difference between those situations is that Obi-wan knew what Anakin was about to do before he made his jump whereas Darth Maul had no clue that Obi-wan was about to force-grab Qui-Gon's lightsaber while in mid-air until it was too late.

13. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016

Then Anakin should have just hopped off the silly floating platform and cut Obi Wan's knees. Still eye rolly.

14. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Between them, the Prequel Trilogy back then, and Wookieepedia more recently, made the Jedi awesome.

All the different styles of lightsabre fighting, covering different uses - one or two that concentrate on defending against multiple shooters; one that focuses solely on defense, but which you cannot continue indefinitely; one that focuses on disarming the opponent.

Order 66 makes sense that all that will be lost to future generations, but based on Kylo Ren, does anyone see the Knights of Ren lasting three seconds into the first Clone Wars engagement?

Deliveranze likes this.
  15. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016
    Order 66 made me sad too. I wanted to see Vader 'hunt down and destroy the Jedi nights'.

Maybe it happened in a book... :(

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, for me, Inquisitors and Saber Guards hunted down the jedi, with a view to turning them to the Dark Side.

Bounty hunters answered the call, and the Empire, if an Order 66 violation was detected, went after them too.

But this is all my own headcanon, and my own fiction.

17. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016
    Sounds cool. Pity they didn't show that. :(

That would have been a cool episode 3. A akin has turned, hunting folk down, like you say, with the help of others.

He finds obi wan, maybe he's now the last, then they have their final battle. However Anakin is cocky and loss because of his arrogance. That's when obi wan pipes off to tattooing to hide using erm... His same surname. ;)

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Anakin hates sand. Obi Wan would know Ani would be unable to follow him.

19. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016

Haha. Very good :) (genuinely laughed heartily)

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.