main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Did the PT change the way you see the OT, or not ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ord-Mantell70, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Thousands? Isn't that number a bit inflated?

2. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I try not to take the PT too much into consideration when watching the OT, much as I try not to think about any of the sequels past Aliens or Terminator 2 when watching those series. It's like, you know that there are more movies in the franchise and they're fun to watch sometimes when you want to spend more time in that universe, but if you think about them when you just want to enjoy the really good part of the story, you just end up depressed.

3. FryingpoorGreedo

FryingpoorGreedo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2012
    My brain for some reason can't connect both trilogies together. they seem like two separate trilogies but feel like the same series, if that makes any sense. On the whole I enjoy both trilogies for their own reasons and do consider it a saga.

4. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    anyone who says no to this is obviously lying.... of course the PT changes the way you see and think when you watch the OT

5. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    I agree with most of the above posters about two seperate trilogys. I tried and tried to mold them together, even reading EU inbetween the movies just to have a better connection, but as soon as I get to Ep:IV, I still see it as the same old OT. Watching it a billion times before the PT came out didn't help either [face_laugh] .

6. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    The PT is the background for the OT, so of course it affects how I view it. Seeing Pt characters after 20 years of imperial oppression shows the tyrannical rule of the Empire

kainee likes this.
  7. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I liked how the PT showed more characters, more planets and scenery, more species, etc. It made the Star Wars galaxy more "real" cause in the OT is was specific people on a specific mission/plot/story. In the PT, there's a specific story that focuses on the main characters, but there's a lot of background stuff that's revealed to show what the Star Wars galaxy really is. The PT showed how everything in the Republic age was classy and sleek, and the OT was rough and rugged. But it also showed that not everything was gray and industrial...idk

kainee likes this.
  8. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    The PT is what made me a Star Wars fan, even though I had seen (and enjoyed) the OT long before the PT was created. Obviously there are inconsistencies and all the films have their flaws but, for me, the PT made it a lot more personal. Now we get to see where it all came from, how Anakin fell, why Obi-Wan is a hermit on Tatooine and Yoda on Dagobah, how the Emperor fooled the Senate, even the back stories of characters like Bail Organa and Mon Mothma. The biggest difference the PT made for me is to give the OT a much more melancholy and bleak overtone, since I now know just how much was lost.

kainee and FARK2005 like this.