main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did the Sandtroopers slaughtered Tusken Raiders?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by CIDLORD, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CIDLORD

CIDLORD Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 6, 2001

In ANH, when Luke found Bantha tracks and gaffi sticks along the dead jawas, was it an indicator that Sandtroopers did the same to Tusken Raiders?

2. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Since there were no Tusken Raider bodies around, I'm guessing they attacked a group somewhere nearby, then simply used their gaffi sticks and rode their banthas.

3. stardreg

stardreg Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2002
    What I don't get is Obi-Wan says, "Only stormtroopers are so precise..." when they (the stormtroopers) can't even hit the Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie in close combat.

Oh, and how hard is it to shoot at something five stories tall and a half-a-block long?

Just kidding. :)

What's funny is the stormtroopers took the trouble to make it look like Tusken Raiders. Why? Who would care if it was them or the Tusken Raiders? Might it be Tatooine is still more or less Jabba's territory, and the presence of Stormtroopers are a violation of an agreement between the empire and the Hutts?

Hmmm.

4. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Obviously they weren't counting on ol' Obi to figure out that they were stormies and not raiders. They didn't want to arouse suspicions with whoever found the crawler that they were troopers. How did they know Luke and co would find it? I don't know. Maybe they did it just in case so tehy IF the people with the droids found the crawler or the news got back to them, they would not suspect that the Empire was still after the droids.

5. DarthMandarb

DarthMandarb Jedi Master star 2

May 29, 2002
    I've always thought Ben's line, "No, but we are meant to think they did." was very misleading. It makes it sound like the Empire was thinking, "Well, we'll do this, but let's make it look like somebody else did it so Ben, Luke, and the droids don't think it was us!" When in fact the Empire disguised their attack to keep anybody from knowing they (the Empire) did it.

I would also guess that they probably only attacked and destroyed the Jawas after realizing the droids weren't there. Because this way, the jawas couldn't report to anybody that the Empire was looking for the droids.

dm

6. jimkk29

jimkk29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    They might have killed 1 or 2.

7. obi-man

obi-man Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2000
    I've always thought the troopers where trying disguse their presence on the planet completely. Even if it was highly unlikely anyone would find out, it could have been a disaster if it happened.

Just think, someone reports there were jawas killed by empire troopers. People start to wonder why the empire would send down troopers to kill jawas. They can't say let it be known they are after stolen DS plans. It is bad for a totalitarian govt. that rules by fear to let news that their main weapon could be vulnerable. The safe bet would be to hide their presence by faking a tusken raider attack.

Obi-wans line about "precise" is taken too literally. I think he meant that if tusken raiders would have done it, the whole scene would be much nastier. The jawas would have probably been stripped of their cloths and the entire sand crawler would have been all shot up and looted.

/// "I would also guess that they probably only attacked and destroyed the Jawas after realizing the droids weren't there. Because this way, the jawas couldn't report to anybody that the Empire was looking for the droids." ///

-never thought of that, neat idea.

---Obi-man

8. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I bet The Sandtrooper killed Many Tuskin Raiders, even before Luke ran into the Tuskin Raiders.

9. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    In ANH, when Luke found Bantha tracks and gaffi sticks along the dead jawas, was it an indicator that Sandtroopers did the same to Tusken Raiders?

I can only assume they did. Although, the Tuskin raiders could have killed some Sand Troopers.

10. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Seems very very likely.

11. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Seems very very likely.

Yes it does. :)

12. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Watch TROOPS it explains what really happens!

The Gaffi Sticks never made sense to me, I mean if you were in a battle would you leave your Sword behind after you finished?

IJG

13. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    What happened is that the Sandtroopers destroyed a group of Jawas. Luke thought the Tuskens destroyed the Jawas, and Obi-Wan told Luke that, "We were meant to think the did."

14. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    "Watch TROOPS it explains what really happens!"

AAARGH!!! thats wat i was gonna say ;)

15. CIDLORD

Sep 6, 2001
    Can anybody tell me what happens in Troops?

Please?

16. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    First of all it is COPS style

These Stormtroopers are looking for the droids, and they run across two Jawas with a droid, the Jawas run (because they stole the droid from a little boy) and then the stormtroopers shoot him. Next they bomb the sandcrawler with a TIE bomber.

The next part is a domestic dispute between Owen and Beru, Beru goes crazy and uses a thermal detonater.

Not the best explanation...maybe you should ask TroopsGuy, or download it!

IJG

17. CIDLORD

Sep 6, 2001

Thank you very much, Im_just_guessing

I guess I'll download the file...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.