main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did they make a mistake?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by elitesaberhax, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elitesaberhax

elitesaberhax Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2007
    I don't know if this has been discussed but when i watched the latest episode:
    "Episode 103: Shadow of Malevolence Discussion Thread"

There was a part where Grievous was walking and sounded like he coughed a couple of times...

Maybe i got this mixed up since i haven't seen the Clone Wars mini series for quite some time, but didn't Grievous start coughing when he had that short encounter with Mace Windu (when he half crippled him using the force) after he kidnapped Palpatine on Coruscant?

Isn't that the beginning of the Battle we see when the 'ROTS Movie'starts and Anakin/Obiwan have to go and rescue him?

Therefore the series we're watching now should take place before then. So why was he coughing?

Like i said, i have to refresh my memory so maybe i got it wrong?

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    He was coughing in the Deep Forest story in the Star Wars Visionaries comic.

3. elitesaberhax

elitesaberhax Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2007
    So it's got nothing to do with Mace Windu's attack on him then?

I thought that was the reason he was coughing.

4. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I think they are pointing out that his organic systems are not completely compatible with his droid components. According to Lucas when they were making ROTS, that's where the coughing came from before the whole Mace crushed his chest thing.

I like that fact that he coughed, it was weird to see it there, but I didn't go 'OMG, they made a mistake.' it was just in my mind that they were going with what Lucas originally intended.

5. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I saw this and it sort of bugged me. A lot of things sort of bug me. The fact that most of the Clones we see appear to be in Phase 1 armor, yet everything else appears as it did just prior to Episode III. That goes for the Jedi Starships, too; not the TIE Fighter-looking ones from the latter part of the Clone Wars conflict, yet the other fleet ships appear as they did just prior to Episode III.

The coughing with General did bug me, but I just chalked it up as another gripe to continuity that I could look over, just as easily as Lucas did in the first place.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The original idea was that the coughing conveys that Grievous's cyborg technology hasn't been perfected yet as it has later with Vader.

But since they introduced him without a cough (as the cough idea was added late in the game during the movie's production), they used the Mcae Windu encounter to explain why he had the cough suddenly.

Now, they seem to have gone back and mixed the two ideas together- Grievous coughs earlier due to cyborging problems, but you'll note he's not coughing as much as he is in ROTS- at least so far, so Mace's crushing attack later on just made it worse.

7. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Yep, I think it's all pretty plausible. You can assume after confronting Mace Windu it got worse after the chest crush. I'm guessing this encounter will be portrayed in the clone wars TV series - although probably towards the end of it.

8. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    That pretty much sums the answers to our questions.

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    They probably made a mistake, yes.

I have a certain theory when it comes to the CW show. Take everything you've ever read in EU, seen in the microseries, or played in the videogames...

and throw it out the deflector shield. Anything goes, in these cases. It's all fair game.

10. Sithspit87

Sithspit87 Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2005
    Visionaries is not Star Wars cannon so unfortunetly we cant really go off of Visionaries.

11. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Yes, I'm willing to go with the slight coughing due to imperfection of the cybernetic parts, and then it getting worse after the Mace Windu confrontation, which would be great to see in the Clone Wars cartoon, although I'm guessig such a confrontation won't happen till much later since this was during the kidnapping of Palpatine. Although the way Windu calls Grievous a "coward" perhaps also suggests Grievous perhaps had other confrontations with him where he retreated.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Shrug.

13. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, when Abel Pena wrote his Grievous articles, I thought he based some of his stuff off of 'Eyes of Revolution'...unless they changed their minds about the continuity?[face_worried]

14. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Or you could go with my philosophy: Let someone else figure it out.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Agreed. I think the coughing was worsened with Mace's attack. He doesn't seem to cough much in the series anyway to chalk it up as a continuity issue in my opinion.

16. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    They are two separate series, their storyline (if the microseries can be seen as having a storyline...) is different, and I guess you can go with either version. Other differences are Ashoka who doesn't appear at all and Ventress who plays a completely different role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.