main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Vader Ever Visit Padme's Grave?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Master_Anakin1, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Anakin1

Master_Anakin1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    Do you think some time after her death and Anakin's Transformation to Vader that he went to Naboo to see her grave and many be even weep one last time for his lost love?

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    I doubt it. He wants to forgot all of his previous life, and consumed as he has been by the dark side, there's not much that wants to go see his wife's tomb.

I_F

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Only in the fanfics, I'm afraid.

4. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Yeah, I don't think so either. I imagine by the end of ROTS, so much had happened to Anakin that he finally became more apathetic and angry more than anything else. Probably didn't want to be reminded about his previous life.

5. Master_Anakin1

Aug 31, 2005
    I thought as much.

I bet it would make a good pic to see Vader next to Padme's tomb.

6. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    I don't think so. My theory for the reason that Luke and Leia have never found much about their mother is that Vader sought to have everything about Padme erased. For as famous a Senator as Padme was, and having been a much-loved ruler of a planet, you would think that Leia and/or Luke would at least recognize her name, even if they couldn't make the connection of her being their mother. If all information about her had been obliterated, much the same way the Empire sought to suppress information about the Jedi, it makes sense that they would never have heard of her. I'm hoping the rest of the Dark Nest trilogy and the first book to take place after ROTS will shed more light on this.

7. Master_Anakin1

Aug 31, 2005
    Now your saying that Padme's whole life was wiped out?

She was a Queen for a few years how do you remove that from history?

Did the Empire take over all of Naboo and write history?

Thats a very big job to do.

8. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    That's an interesting theory. I don't doubt he could've done it had he wanted to.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't think so. Lord Vader wouldn't need to do that: because he was driven by failure. It's what made him determined after his mother died, and it's what drove him to the darkness after Padmé did. He honestly believes that he directly killed her, and it's his self-hatred that makes him powerful.

But it would be tough to erase her existence, especially since Naboo was spared any Imperial oppression and Padmé's own niece, Pooja, was an Imperial senator.

I don't think Leia and Luke's lack of knowledge means anything. They didn't even know her name, as The Black Fleet Crisis shows--Luke thought some random Fallanassi was his mother. If he knew her real name, he'd know otherwise.

10. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    GrandAdmiralJello posted on 9/1/05 5:49pm
    I don't think so. Lord Vader wouldn't need to do that: because he was driven by failure. It's what made him determined after his mother died, and it's what drove him to the darkness after Padmé did. He honestly believes that he directly killed her, and it's his self-hatred that makes him powerful.

But it would be tough to erase her existence, especially since Naboo was spared any Imperial oppression and Padmé's own niece, Pooja, was an Imperial senator.

I don't think Leia and Luke's lack of knowledge means anything. They didn't even know her name, as [i]The Black Fleet Crisis[/i] shows--Luke thought some random Fallanassi was his mother. If he knew her real name, he'd know otherwise. [hr][/blockquote]

They'd probably recognize her name if they heard it - Leia especially - but they'd have no clue of any relation without someone telling them. Leia's probably convinced (by the NJO) that her birth mother was probably Alderaanian.

11. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Anakin...
    "Do you think some time after her death and Anakin's Transformation to Vader that he went to Naboo to see her grave and many be even weep one last time for his lost love?"

The only time Vader would ever have considered going to visit Padme's grave would be after tossing the Emperor down the shaft while on IG-88 and had been redeemed by his son. And, unfortunately, he didn't quite have the time to go on such a trip before his death.

Prior to that, her memories stand as a hot poker right through Vader's heart - the constant reminder that her death is solely the result of his rage. "Weep one last time for his lost love?!?" That's far too romantic for Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith.

That monster had no love, lost or otherwise.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    What do you call Luke Skywalker? :p

13. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Certainly Luke loved his father, Anakin.

And certainly, Anakin wanted to overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy as father and son. Not father and "dead son."

That "there is still good in him," does not inherently equate or have to equate to being "there is still love in him."

There's a bunch of reasons why Anakin ended up doing what he did for Luke's sake, none of them having anything to do with love.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Are you certain that's what it was, or what Vader wanted himself to think? Until the end, he convinced himself he was doing everything he could for the sake of power, but even so, what drives his desire to rule with his son?

15. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Genghis, that theory works with RotJ up until Anakin is about to die. There's no power lust left, he knows he's about to die. So what is it that motivates the dialogue between himself and Luke? Love, you could argue, if not for the son he barely knows, then for his mother or for the man he once was.

16. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Plus the redemtion of a Sith cannot be achieve through selfish or greedy methods. In order for true redemption to happen one must act from the goodness of his/her heart, one can not be redeemed by accident.

Anakin became in death a true Jedi once again, if his intent in killing Sidious was dark in its nature his spirit would not have been cleansed of the evil acts he preformed in life.

I do believe that Darth Vader had love in his heart for Luke, even if it was just a minor spark and it took a lot to bring it out of him. It took Luke to remind Anakin of what he loved in Padme', and what love he felt for his unborn children so many years before, it was that love that saved him.

17. zit5us

zit5us Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    i don't think vader is even capable of "weeping". he had all of his skin burned off. with he scar tissue and the mask, i really doubt his tear ducts would work.

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I think Vader - Anakin - was truly redeemed at the end. I think it's true he did not love Luke until that moment he tossed Palpatine down the shaft. You could see him looking between his Master and his son. He was looking at his two lives - Vader and Anakin. He made a choice when he chose Luke. He chose to be Anakin Skywalker and be able to love again. That's my opinion anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.