main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Did Vader forget about what Leia did in ANH?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Indyrams, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indyrams

Indyrams Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2014
    In ESB, his "punishment" to Leia is she isn't allowed to leave Cloud City ever again.

You would think with having her in his control at that time he would have punished her far worse because he chased her in ANH and she was his main enemy in that film.
    Calling her a "traitor" as I recall...

He finally got her in his grasps in the 2nd film and he just said she wasn't allowed to leave the city again.

I guess he was preoccupied with Luke?

2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Vader had no intention of simply leaving Leia in Cloud City:

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    But yes, Luke was Vader's priority in ESB. Han and Leia were just a means to an end.

Mr. K likes this.
  4. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Pretty much, yeah. Luke didn't even know Leia was his sister at the time, so Vader couldn't have detected it either. If he had, things at Bespin would've been far worse.

5. May_The_Force_Be_With_You

May_The_Force_Be_With_You Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2014
    Boom - this nails it. Even though it is true that he was obsessed with Luke by that point, but he clearly had no intention of letting Leia go. Why he wanted Chewbacca, though..... That's anyone's guess. :p

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Vader makes it clear that, from his perspective - Leia's been even more trouble than Luke, and that while he might lose restraint and kill Luke quickly - he'll have no problem not doing that with Leia:

"One can do some interesting things with a lightsaber, you know. I'll do my best to show you them all, if you'll cooperate by not passing out."

7. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I am sure later he would try to get rebel secrets out of her or have the troopers try to get info from her

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think he wanted the Wookie so he could have some leverage against Leia because that stupid mind probe didn't exactly work last time.

Yanksfan likes this.
  9. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    He altered the deal. Pray he doesn't alter it further.
    Basically, Darth Nub summed it up better than I could.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. YourGoulden

YourGoulden Jedi Padawan

Feb 11, 2014
    I agree with CommanderDrenn and Darth_Nub. Vader is not some simple minded villain who can easily have his focus changed from one enemy to another. Even though his main focus is certainly Luke at this point, Leia can't easily escape his retribution. No doubt he had some insane type of torture waiting for her had things gone better for him on Cloud City.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.