main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Vader forget to deactivate the Droid Army?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ObiJuanQuito, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJuanQuito

ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling star 5

May 20, 2005
    Watched ROTS this morning (again) and something dawned on me.

After destroying the Separtist leadership, Vader informed the Emperor. The Emperor instructed Vader to deactive the Droid/Separtist army.

After talking with the Emperor, Vader sees Padme's ship on radar. Vader races to meet Padme.

Vader never gave the order to deactivated the droid/separtist army...

Question 1- Was the droid army ever deactivated?
    Question 2- If not, did the early rebels take possesion of the remaining Droid army to use?
    Did they take there ships, droids, weapons?

2. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    perhaps sidious or mechanical vader deactivated it after their return to curuscant

3. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    I think Sidious had someone else do that. Can't remember exactly who though. Anakin followed ALL of his orders.

4. masterjedi747

masterjedi747 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Vader never gave the order to deactivate the droid/separtist army...
    He probably did. Seriously, it only takes a couple of seconds to send a message to someone over the holonet. Watch the beginning of TPM. Some of the hologram messages sent there are only @ 5 seconds long. And he's a SIth Lord now. No need to explain anything to the guy on the other end. They just obey. "As you wish, my lord."

The other thing is that when he saw Padme's ship on the screen, we don't really know for sure how close she was. She might have still been a good minute or so away from landing when the sensors picked her up.

Worst case: Vader forgot, and Palpatine just had to do it himself a few hours later. :)

5. jedi no sensei

jedi no sensei Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 1999
    Padme did tell Captain Typho that the war was over when she left for Mustafar with C-3PO, so she must have heard something?they weren't attacked as they left Coruscant either, so Anakin most likely did shut them down before her departure.

Jedi no Sensei

6. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I am sure he deactivated the droid army. she still had to land the ship. so he had time to before "rushing" to meet her. a lot of stuff happens off screen in this movie unfortunetly. but to see him deactivate the droid army would take up too much screen time. it is implyed that he does his job.

7. Darth_Revan___

Darth_Revan___ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    DARTH SIDIOUS: I'm afraid she died. ... it seems in your anger, you killed her.

A LOW GROAN emanates from Vader's mask. Suddenly everything in the room begins to implode, including some of the DROIDS.

DARTH VADER: I couldn't have! She was alive! I felt her! She was alive! It's impossible! No!!!

VADER SCREAMS, breaks his bonds to the table, and steps forward, waving his hands, causing objects to fly around the room. SIDIOUS deflects the objects, but some of the DROIDS aren't so lucky. VADER'S PAINFUL SCREAMS echo throughout the Center.

DARTH SIDIOUS:eek:h, and by the way did you order the shut down of the droid army

DARTH VADER:Do'h

8. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    DARTH SIDIOUS:eek:h, and by the way did you order the shut down of the droid army

[face_laugh]

9. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Anakin was not asked to shut down the droids, he was asked to send a message to the ships of the Trade Federation telling them the droids are to be shut down, just before Padmé's ship arrives.
    We never see him send that message, but I'm sure the droids are shut down, once it is announced that the Republic has won the war.
    It was an order, from Palpatine - ruler of the Republic (soon to become an Empire) - to the losing faction.
    The war is still over, whether the droids are shut down immediately or not...

lord_sidious_ likes this.
  10. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    That's it!

11. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    It was just implied that he shut it down. Anakin was power-hungry, and the droids would not be on his side.

12. APUSH

APUSH Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Remember that Burger King commercial where Vader meets the Burger King in Mustafar???

that is when Vader was going to deactivated the droid army, only to find the Burger King standing in his way.
    They had an epic duel in which the Burger King threw burgers and all sorts of food at Vader.
    Then When Vader killed the Burger King...

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It was probably sent before he went out to check on the ship. Either way, it's been shut down long before the OT.

14. ObiJuanQuito

ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling star 5

May 20, 2005
    Sorry folks but Vader never sent the signal

There was no Gap between when vader spoke with the Emperor and when he met with Padme.

As soon as he finished talking with the emperor, vader turns, sees the ship and runs out to meet Padme.

15. ChestRockwell

ChestRockwell Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    Why dosent he just program the droids to join up with the clones and then they can all live happy together?

Vader is forgetfull i guess like the time Palps told him to turn off the coffee maker in his office, geez what a mees that became.

16. Xyber_Hex

Xyber_Hex Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2004
    Just more details cut for fluff.
    It is in the novel, just something you are supposed to assume.

17. Violetsaber

Violetsaber Jedi Master star 3

Aug 6, 2001

You just about earned yourself a page full of fireworks emoticons with that one, my friend!

[face_laugh]

Violetsaber

18. Darth_St_Hubbins

Darth_St_Hubbins Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Vader: Master, I didn't get a chance to shut down the droid army!

Palpatine: Here, let me give you a hand.

19. jedi no sensei

jedi no sensei Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 1999
    Originally Posted by ObiJuanQuito:

There was no Gap between when vader spoke with the Emperor and when he met with Padme.

As soon as he finished talking with the emperor, vader turns, sees the ship and runs out to meet Padme.

After Palpatine tells Anakin to order all of the droid armies to shut down, Padme's ship enters Mustafar's atmosphere?she hadn't landed yet. And when she did land, Anakin didn't come out to great her right away.

Just after 3PO landed the ship, Padme looked like she was deeply lost in thought. Only after Lucas gave us a few seconds to think about what was on Padme's mind did Anakin came running out to her ship.

Jedi no Sensei

20. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    If you don't notice, in ROTJ, The Rebel's use ships very similar to those seen in ROTS.

The Starships look very identical.

21. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Would it be 'DOH' or would it be 'DOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'

22. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    jedi no sensei posted on 5/30/05 10:25am

[b]Originally Posted by ObiJuanQuito[/b]:

After Palpatine tells Anakin to order all of the droid armies to shut down, Padme's ship enters Mustafar's atmosphere?she hadn't landed yet. And when she did land, Anakin didn't come out to great her right away.

Just after 3PO landed the ship, Padme looked like she was deeply lost in thought. Only after Lucas gave us a few seconds to think about what was on Padme's mind did Anakin came running out to her ship.

Jedi no Sensei
    [hr][/blockquote]

exactly, there was a time span there that he could have very easily sent the orders out to the droid armies to shut down.
    its not like he ahd to contact each and everyone of them. on order sent out over the network would have done the job.

23. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Darth_Vaderous posted on 5/30/05 10:29am
    If you don't notice, in ROTJ, The Rebel's use ships very similar to those seen in ROTS.
    The Starships look very identical.
    [hr][/blockquote]Yes, it's called tying the trilogies together! ;)

24. Sith_Dreamer

Sith_Dreamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2004

don't you mean Do'hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

[face_laugh]

EDIT: Bah! stormcloud8, you beat me. :p

25. JedimasterMoon

JedimasterMoon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2005
    I always wondered about the droid army, and its seems that he did not deactivate it. Did it get destroyed during the reign of the empire?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.