Did Vader forget to deactivate the Droid Army?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by ObiJuanQuito, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi no sensei Jedi Knight

star 1
    If there was still a droid army, why would they let a well known senator fly freely though space? Her shiny Nubian cruiser isn't hard to miss. The head of the Separatist, or a least one of its biggest financers, hated Padme with a passion. The droids, if activated, would have been all over her ship like light on a light saber :p

The droids were shut down.

Jedi no Sensei
  2. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    It could have been done off screen....
  3. Invictus_Sol Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course it was done off-screen. We can assume certain things without being told everything explicitly.
  4. Import_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Did Vader forget to deactivate the Droid Army?

LOL... I was gonna post a thread asking the same thing. :p
  5. Master_Shaitan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hope to god he didnt else we could be seeing those parrot headed morons in the Tv Series!

Nooooooooooooo
  6. Invictus_Sol Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, in A New Hope, Han Solo says that he needs to input Alderaan's coordinates into the Navicomputer -- yet we never actually see him enter in the exact coordinates -- how did they get to Alderaan, then?!?!? Another plot hole, unfortunately.
  7. Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    jedi no sensei posted on 5/30/05 11:23am

The droids were shut down.

Jedi no Sensei

/>

that particular seperarist wasnt an issue anymore at that point :p

and the army took orders from Dooku and Grevious..ho weren't around by then either/>/>
  8. jedijake719 Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm wondering how it was explained to Anakin that Palpatine was also in charge of the droid army. How did he accept that or was he too far to question anything that Palptine said?

Or was he told to use the Separtist communication device to do it since the leaders were all dead?
  9. jedi no sensei Jedi Knight

star 1
    @Naberrie_SkyWalker,

Are you implying that Nute Gunray didn't have his own troops?

His, or the Separatists', troops were guarding the command center at Mustafar. Dead or not, his troops could have had orders to detain/blast Padme on sight.

Jedi no Sensei
  10. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    hey Import..

Its me.. You know who...

;)
  11. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    Seriously, it only takes a couple of seconds to send a message to someone over the holonet.

Vader: Hey
    Trade Federation: Yo
    Vader: Sup
    TF: NM, U?
    Vader: Same, hey can you deactivate all your bttl drids?
    Trade Federation: Sure, NP
    Vader: Crap... techno and ig aren't on... I g2g, can u tell them to deactivate theirs too?
    TF: ok, ttyl.
    Vader: Peace out
  12. Import_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  13. Darth_Whuteva Jedi Padawan

The droids were shut down (by the Feds) before Vader even arrived on Mustafar. Vader was arriving to give the Separatists their "reward" for the successful CONCLUSION of the war.
  14. Import_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Err, what's up ObiJuanQuito :p
  15. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    k pasa, Hope u had a good Memorial weekend

16. DARTHMORDOR Jedi Master

star 4
    does there have to be a scene for everything that happens? hay, we never saw anakin and padmae have sex so how could she be pregnent? this is just retated thinking. this was the longest star wars movie ever and if you show every single action then the film becomes too long.
  17. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    does there have to be a scene for everything that happens? hay, we never saw anakin and padmae have sex so how could she be pregnent? this is just retated thinking. this was the longest star wars movie ever and if you show every single action then the film becomes too long.

I love it when people post like this...
    This is a forum. We are hear to discuss the finer things of Star wars....
    This is an appropriate thread...

18. Yaddle_Fantasy Jedi Knight

star 1
    We noticed that, too. In the book, the Separatist leaders were asked to before he arrived. I am not sure how Anakin would have authority to do so in the movie anyway, so I guess it was just a conensation of dialogue/plot and an oversight.
  19. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i have a feeling the separtist did not trust Sidious, so, that's why they didnot execute the order. Sidious realized this and order Anakin to do so... AND I BELIEVE ANAKIN did not send the signal
  20. MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, it never got taken care of. That's whay Ep. 7 - 9 are about.

Ep. 7 - Droid Surprise
    Ep. 8 - The Droid Wars
    Ep. 9 - Return of the New Jedi
  21. Yaddle_Fantasy Jedi Knight

star 1
    To clarify: in the novel the army was shut down before Anakin arrived. I assume that wad because Palps needed THEM to authorize it. After they did, he killed them.
  22. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I can't quite remember...doesn't Sidious, when he talks to Gunray & Co about sending Vader after to 'reward' then, tell them to shut down the droid armies?

So I'd assume from that that the armies were already deactivated before Vader even set foot on Mustafar.
  23. Thulium Jedi Master

star 4
    I was under the general impression that Vader had the army shut down just after he had the Separatist leaders cut down. Being busy slicing any remaining security systems and issuing shutdown commands to armies scattered accross the galaxy would take a little time--and this would explain why Anakin was still on Mustafar when Padme arrived. Otherwise, he's just crying like a baby on a lava planet when he could be heading home to brag about his new empire to the little lady.
  24. Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    jedi no sensei posted on 5/30/05 11:48am

Are you implying that Nute Gunray didn't have his own troops?

His, or the Separatists', troops were guarding the command center at Mustafar. Dead or not, his troops could have had orders to detain/blast Padme on sight.

Jedi no Sensei

/>

the troops Nute had with him were ..dealt with.. the same way he was..before the holo call to sids. *notice all the pretty nemodian gaurds in peices on the floor* and anakin would have taken care of the ones he came to on his way to the conference room the same way.
    />/>
  25. FrankinVader Jedi Knight

star 1

It is implied - Watch Clone wars where anakin first gets the mark on his face, he hugs Padme, msuic starts, then it pans out, shows the building with the bedroom lights go out.. I kid you not watch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.