Did Vader forget to deactivate the Droid Army?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by ObiJuanQuito, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodbrother23 Jedi Knight

star 1
    who cares, there's obviously no droid army in 4-6, and the rebels definitely don't inherit their stuff, because the separatists and rebels are two different organizations.

rebels are senators and their respective systems who decided to fight agianst the empire, and the separatists are one half the galaxy that seceded from the Republic, like the south did to the north during the American Civil War.' they wanted to start over, the rebels just protested the empire AFTER the separatists were beaten.

therefore, Rebels will not get anything form the trade federation, techno union, etc.
  2. Darth_Revan___ Jedi Youngling

star 1
    DARTH SIDIOUS:eek:h, and by the way did you order the shut down of the droid army

DARTH VADER:no master, i've been busy getting my limbs severed

DARTH SIDIOUS:fool,you should have listened to my warning the power of the dark side will cost you arm and a leg
  3. Mav23 Jedi Padawan

It was obviously a line put into the film to explain why there are no droid soldiers in the OT. They didn't need Vader to actually send the message, it was just to let us know that the plan to shut down the droids was in place.
  4. Yaddle_Fantasy Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree. It's no big deal :) But I did ponder a second when I saw him rush out to Padme's ship without even a pause. Unless there is some magic button he force-switched while rushing out th door ;)
  5. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    There had to be a code to deactivate the droid army...
    Couldnt be just a call saying "Dude, shut down"

Vader entered and chopped everyone up

6. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    In my mind I like to think all the droids were melted down and used to build the Death Star. I also think it's possible that the droid army could have been hidden away in secret to be used again one day.

It would be pretty cool if the droid armies returned during the New Jedi Order to face Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.
  7. poodookoo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jesus, are people really THAT cretinous that something like this has to be explained in minute detail?!!

Why the hell do you think Lucas included Sidious' line to Vader about sending a message "to the Trade Federation to shut down their droid armies immediately"?

That right kids, it's to explain, in one neat line, why we see no battle droids in the OT!!

It's really as simple as that!

And since when were the star wars fims set in 'real time'?
    - There could have easily been half an hour between Sidious giving Vader that order and Padme landing on Mustafar...

I know I'm not alone when I say that these types of threads are starting to get REALLY tiresome...

...like "Oh my God! Obi Wan has short hair in ROTS! We never hear him explain why he had his mullet chopped off! Biggest plot hole ever!!"

Seriously guys and gals, think before you post - that's all I ask.
  8. ANAKINOS Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just because we didnt see it on screen doesnt mean it didnt happen. Yoda told obi wan while his time on tatooine he needs to feel the force and contact quigon. We never see it but it obviously happened. If we have to see everything the movie would have been two years long not two hours.
  9. Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling

star 5

I presumed this thread was rather tongue-in-cheek.
    I didn't get the impression anyone was seriously saying it was a "problem"...
    Maybe they were - more the fool them...
  10. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Jesus, are people really THAT cretinous that something like this has to be explained in minute detail?!!

Why the hell do you think Lucas included Sidious' line to Vader about sending a message "to the Trade Federation to shut down their droid armies immediately"?

That right kids, it's to explain, in one neat line, why we see no battle droids in the OT!!

It's really as simple as that!

And since when were the star wars fims set in 'real time'?
    - There could have easily been half an hour between Sidious giving Vader that order and Padme landing on Mustafar...

I know I'm not alone when I say that these types of threads are starting to get REALLY tiresome...

...like "Oh my God! Obi Wan has short hair in ROTS! We never hear him explain why he had his mullet chopped off! Biggest plot hole ever!!"

First, the reason for Forums like this is to ask questions like this..

second, the thread was created because the question being ask has bigger implications.....

We all know a rebellion is formed against the empire.
    Could it be possible the Rebel Alliance took hold of the droids, ships and weapons to use against the emperor....

No one is forcing you to read and post in this thread..

11. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    The Thread was posted to discuss the possible implications of a mistake possibly made by the Vader...
    How it may have effected the later rebellion....

Yes, Vader or the Emperor may have deactivated the droids but we CLEARLY dont know....

If he didnt, it shows how arrogant the Emperor is..
    He lets Obi Wan, Yoda live and now he may have let the Droid army continue to operate.

12. poodookoo Jedi Knight

star 3
    What on earth are you talking about?

Where in the OT do we see battle droids, much less in the possession of the Rebels?????!!!

Please don't insult my intelligence by trying to justify this absurdity of a thread.
  13. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Poodoo, no one is insulting your "Intelligence"

we have a Tv series coming. What's not to say the early rebels dont take possesion of the Droid army to use against the empire?

Yes, i know ANH is 20 years after ROTS. But a lot happens in 20 years. The droid army, weapons and ships may have been what sustains the early rebellion...

NO ONE KNOWS... thats why the post was created...

The one consant you can point to in Star Wars is the fact that one minor mistake could have HUGE implications...

14. jedi no sensei Jedi Knight

star 1
    @Naberrie_SkyWalker,

I think you missed the point of my last post. If Nute Gunray had a small army with him in the conference room, he and his people, still had an army--how many is anyone's guess.

Jedi no Sensei
  15. poodookoo Jedi Knight

star 3
    If people can't grasp the fact that Sidious' line was put in FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE of explaining the lack of battle droids in the OT, then I truly feel sorry for you.

Can we please just agree that this thread is apallingly redundant?
  16. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    If you, or anyone else, can't grasp the fact that Sidious' line was put in FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE of explaining the lack of battle droids in the OT, then I truly feel sorry for you.

NEXT!

uh-huh, so that was the purpose for that line????

Now, who's the one reaching for straws...

Poodoo, please re-read my post...

No one is talking OT....
    I'm talking end of ROTS-ANH

I'm talking about the early rebels.
    No one is referring to the rebel alliance in ANH-ROTJ....

17. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Here's proof Vader forgot to deactivate the droid army

[image=http://img259.echo.cx/img259/8459/vadertodolist4mg.th.jpg]
  18. poodookoo Jedi Knight

star 3
  19. ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Poodoo, go away or I will report you to the mods for being a jerk
  20. poodookoo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Too late, buddy - I've already reported you!

Have fun...
  21. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    he didn't which means they'll work for the rebellion for 10 years.
  22. MaserPatsatsa Jedi Padawan

Yeah he did forget to shut down the army-that is why we must expect tones of battledroids in the tv series.I think Lucas is a genious by letting Vader do that slight mistake and than have a storyline left for tv.It is so obvious.Dude you opened my eyes.I can see it happening-

Star Wars tv-series:The droid rebelion chronicles

It is a dark era for the new
    galactic empire.Droid factories
    all over the galaxy continue to
    operate,due to the neglegance of
    the shut down command by Lord Vader.

The seperatist leaders are dead
    and the droids feel free for the
    first time, to choose their own
    destiny

They begin to form a plan to
    ovewrthrow the new empire....

23. Anagorn Jedi Knight

star 3
    I checked last time I watched it.
    There was enough time for him to deactivate it.
  24. CBright7831 Jedi Master

star 4
    Notice when anakin and Obi Wan fight in the control room, the droids are still going.
  25. jvberggren Jedi Master

star 4
    palps: "the dark side is a pathway to...?! never mind anakin! i completely forgot what i was about to say. why don't we just say that the dark side is as cool as it's powerful".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.